Drudge Flash: Strange things afoot in Philly

Lilly

The Original Lilly
I am very interested to hear who the votes were for and if any wrongdoing is suspected or just incompetence as Sam suggested . . if it is vote-rigging it is deplorable, regardless of which side is the perpetrator . . but has nothing to do with voter intimidation.

Heard a call on Laura Ingraham this morning that some pollworkers in PA were wearing pro-Kerry buttons, where is the voter intimidation newsflash on that?!?!?

Pete

Repete
FromTexas said:
Well, if you were going to commit fraud and do it. I would do it in small numbers on many different locations. One large amount at a location would seem to stand out more. Especially if it is 1000s of votes at a location that only gets a turnout of 5,000-6,000.

But, I can see the stupid side, too. Especially if the votes are for both sides.
I just read that Gore won Philladelphia County by 348,000 votes last time. Seems to me it owuld be pointless to preload 2,000 ballots.

Lilly

The Original Lilly
New note on Drudge saying that "The Kerry Campaign says reports of votes already on machines is 'false'. "

Now why would they do that, unless . . . .
:whistle:

SamSpade

Lilly said:
New note on Drudge saying that "The Kerry Campaign says reports of votes already on machines is 'false'. "

Now why would they do that, unless . . . .
:whistle:
I went to the KYW News Radio site in Philly. They have a link that says the numbers aren't "votes" - they're usage counts and just show how often the machines have been used before. Kind of like counting how many pieces of paper go through the copy machine. It's no big deal - false alarm.

I then sent a tip to Drudge, but they already had their retraction there.

ylexot

Super Genius
More...
Officially, election officials explain the discrepancy is being caused by a number showing how many times various machines have been used. But officials could not explain why used machines in other locations were reportedly 'clean.'

I also liked this quote:
"Serious news will not appear first on the DRUDGE gossip website," senior Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart told reporters.
That's right folks. If you don't like a report, first seek to discredit the news source, not the facts.

SamSpade

ylexot said:
More...

I also liked this quote:

That's right folks. If you don't like a report, first seek to discredit the news source, not the facts.
That's Lockhart's M.O. When Allawi praised Bush, he claimed Bush's "hand was up his azz". Same thing with the Swift Vets - NEVER countered the charges - just try to discredit the *men*.

UrbanPancake

Right=Wrong/Left=Right
SamSpade said:
Exactly. I mean, a LOT of machines in Philly have the same error, and it's a small one in each of them. If I were trying to rig an election, I'd have *thousands* of votes in my favor. These are so small, they suggest "somebody STOOOOPID".

No one said Republicans were smart. I mean that's why the south votes conservative. :boxing:

SamSpade

UrbanPancake said:
No one said Republicans were smart. I mean that's why the south votes conservative. :boxing:
You must have missed all the discussion where it was shown that those on the lowest end of the education scale vote Democrat.