Dry Clean Only?

Cowgirl

I got a few sweaters from a friend, and one says 'dry clean only.' I'm too cheap to actually take it to the dry-cleaner. Do you think if I put it on gentle cycle with cold water they'd be ok? The sweater is an acrylic/wool blend. Since I didn't buy it, I wouldn't be terribly heart-broken if it was ruined. Has anyone done this? Should I go for it?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I've done it before, with mixed results. Sometimes it turns out okay, other times I end up ruining a sweater. If you don't care either way, it can't hurt to try. :shrug:

signora

Cowgirl said:
I got a few sweaters from a friend, and one says 'dry clean only.' I'm too cheap to actually take it to the dry-cleaner. Do you think if I put it on gentle cycle with cold water they'd be ok? The sweater is an acrylic/wool blend. Since I didn't buy it, I wouldn't be terribly heart-broken if it was ruined. Has anyone done this? Should I go for it?

I wash a lot dry-clean clothes in the washer. I don't want to tell you to do it and then they get ruined. But if you decide to wash them, I would wash them in Woolite on a gentle cycle and also on the dryer cycle use permanent press. Otherwise, they do sell those bags in the store for dry clean items that you just put them in the dryer. I tried them once, but didn't really see a difference.

Cowgirl

persimmoncf said:
Do not put wool in the drier. Stretch out and lay flat to dry.

I know...I'm going to lay it on the rack. I just put them in...so I'll know how it turned out in about 20 min. :yay:

Cowgirl

Dry Clean Only? 01-01-2007 05:15 PM from a friend and you dont care Take it to the cleaners and pay 4.00

Yes, from a friend. Not a gift...but she didn't want them anymore, and offered them to me. Thanks for the green though! :razz:

S

StrwberryKisses

punjabigyrl said:
Try Dryel. I works like a charm.

I really like the dryel. Its so simple and really makes it nice when you find a nice shirt you really want that is dry clean only. Good Luck