Dry Ice

pelers

Where would a person purchase a small quantity of dry ice for Halloween? Looking in the Lexington Park area.

pelers

not true, safeway in PF has it, but that is about the same distance from the park

Thanks! PF always feels closer to me, but I know it's really about the same.

I'm doing a trunk or treat thing at the little's school and wanted to put it in a cauldron to get that nice rolling fog effect.

Midnightrider

Thanks! PF always feels closer to me, but I know it's really about the same.

I'm doing a trunk or treat thing at the little's school and wanted to put it in a cauldron to get that nice rolling fog effect.

they keep it up front near the registers in a seperate chest freezer.

Homer J

Power Chord
Order something from Omaha Steaks. They usually come with dry ice. Plus, you get some nice steaks too. Or, you could order a fog machine from Amazon. You can get one for around $50 and use it year after year. All you have to buy then is the fog solution.

R

rhenderson

Be careful using dry ice around a group of kids. If anyone reaches into the cauldron and touches the dry ice they can get frostbite/burn of the skin with just a moments contact.

pelers

Be careful using dry ice around a group of kids. If anyone reaches into the cauldron and touches the dry ice they can get frostbite/burn of the skin with just a moments contact.

Oh yeah, I know! It's going to be inside a cauldron, placed towards the back of my trunk. Should be well out of reach and I'll be standing right there.

pelers

Order something from Omaha Steaks. They usually come with dry ice. Plus, you get some nice steaks too. Or, you could order a fog machine from Amazon. You can get one for around $50 and use it year after year. All you have to buy then is the fog solution.

I can do without the Omaha Steaks price tags. I'm perfectly happy with the dead cow I get at Nick's.

I thought about getting a fog machine, but this is a one time thing and I don't want to store it. I'm lazy like that.

SD1492

Just called Circus Icecream Inc. in Waldorf.

I put in an order for myself to make sure I get it, because it's that time of the year and they sell alot of it. I got 10lbs for about $16.00 include tax, and I didn't know but there is now way to store it long term. They told me to use it within a couple of days. So I'll be picking mine up of the 31st and using it :)

Give them a call if you can't find it and make sure to reserve it if you want to drive up there. They're located near the MVA. 301-843-8846, Open 8 to 4 M-F and 8-1 Saturdays.