Duck hunting...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Neighbor bagged two mallards so far this morning...took this shot as the sun was still coming up. Perfect fall hunting weather. Geese all around the area lately but none came in to the cove this morning. Not yet anyway...

Attachments

• duck hunting.jpg
    duck hunting.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 165

Chris0nllyn

Nice.

I just won the lotto to Goose hunt over on Tuckahoe State Park on Xmas Eve.

A little Xmas gift to myself. :lol:

Neighbor bagged two mallards so far this morning...took this shot as the sun was still coming up. Perfect fall hunting weather. Geese all around the area lately but none came in to the cove this morning. Not yet anyway...

Nice.

So let me see if I have this straight...

Duck, duck, goose.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nice.

Never been there...sounds like a good time though. Between having my property licensed (both onshore and offshore blind) and the hunting club a little farther up river, my problem has always been one of finding the time to hunt....but not the places to.

We have seven permanent blinds at the club...lot of maintenance every year to get those ready. Spend more time working on the facilities than hunting..:whistle:

Chris0nllyn

Never been there...sounds like a good time though. Between having my property licensed (both onshore and offshore blind) and the hunting club a little farther up river, my problem has always been one of finding the time to hunt....but not the places to.

We have seven permanent blinds at the club...lot of maintenance every year to get those ready. Spend more time working on the facilities than hunting..:whistle:

This will be my first time waterfowl hunting.

Not sure what to look forward to, but now seems like a good time to start researching :lol:

Midnightrider

we took a mallard drake and 3 geese on saturday. The wind wasnt right so it was a tough day, but we had action almost nonstop.

the good news is that there is no pressure on that area during the week so we should wax 'em this weekend......

Midnightrider

This will be my first time waterfowl hunting.

Not sure what to look forward to, but now seems like a good time to start researching :lol:

for ducks, get a call and learn the "lonesome hen" call. Use that when they are down wind at about 50 or more yards and they will turn into you and lock up

for geese, get a CD or a video and well.... good luck :killingme

buddscreek

call waterfowl? we use to throw corn overboard and come back in three
days and hunt it. nobody does that anymore?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
call waterfowl? we use to throw corn overboard and come back in three
days and hunt it. nobody does that anymore?

Uh no...not unless they like paying huge fines.

In Maryland, it is unlawful to hunt waterfowl with the aid of baiting (placing feed such as corn, wheat, salt, or other feed that constitutes
a lure or enticement). An area is considered by law to be baited for 10 days after removal of the bait

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This may be the next evolution for us........Australia's Coalition Against Duck Shooting (CADS) sees duck-shooting as a social problem and as an injustice with moral, legal and environmental consequences.

give it as few more years, hunters will be labeled some sort of mental defective
.... after all, why would you want to kill