Duct Taping of Dog Leads to Animal Cruelty Charges

Danzig

Duct Taping of Dog Leads to Animal Cruelty Charges | Southern Maryland News Net

Ms. Combs claims she was told to put the chicken inside the dogs mouth and secure it or tie it to the dogs neck so he would smell the dead chicken. Combs then stated she was going to keep the dog outside for twelve hours so he would learn not to eat the chickens. While speaking with Combs she continued to state “I’m not going to have a dog eat my chickens. If he keeps it up I will have my husband just shoot it.”

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

Ms. Combs claims she was told to put the chicken inside the dogs mouth and secure it or tie it to the dogs neck so he would smell the dead chicken. Combs then stated she was going to keep the dog outside for twelve hours so he would learn not to eat the chickens. While speaking with Combs she continued to state “I’m not going to have a dog eat my chickens. If he keeps it up I will have my husband just shoot it.”

So is there any correlation to your earlier thread about using duct tape on dogs and this incident? Other than the obvious similarity?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I love the comments at the bottom of the article. Everyone is demanding the dogs to be removed, poor dogs etc. How about the chicken? I want to know...WHO WILL SPEAK FOR THE CHICKEN?

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
I love the comments at the bottom of the article. Everyone is demanding the dogs to be removed, poor dogs etc. How about the chicken? I want to know...WHO WILL SPEAK FOR THE CHICKEN?

I will speak up for the chickens and let you know how they taste! :evil:

BOP

I grew up in farm and ranch country, where we had livestock of all kinds and dogs were seldom, if ever tethered. Dogs served a dual purpose; they were working animals, and they were guard animals. We loved our dogs, but they weren't really pets. Not in the "fur children" that most of these bleeding-butt liberals think.

Dogs were taught to work with other animals. If a dog ate a chicken or other domestic animal, it was not uncommon to do exactly what Combs said. There is a good reason for it. "No, no, Fifi!" didn't cut it. Once a dog gets a taste for chicken or other barnyard animal, that dog is almost guaranteed worthless. If the cure didn't work, you had to put the dog down, because they would go on rampages; killing your livestock, and your neighbors' livestock. Tended to not only make you unpopular, but put a helluva dent in your wallet.

I saw more than one grown man while growing up, bawling like a baby when he had to put one of his dogs down for eating livestock. It's harsh, but that's the way it was, and still is in some places. Fortunately, it's also fairly rare.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I grew up in farm and ranch country, where we had livestock of all kinds and dogs were seldom, if ever tethered. Dogs served a dual purpose; they were working animals, and they were guard animals. We loved our dogs, but they weren't really pets. Not in the "fur children" that most of these bleeding-butt liberals think.

Dogs were taught to work with other animals. If a dog ate a chicken or other domestic animal, it was not uncommon to do exactly what Combs said. There is a good reason for it. "No, no, Fifi!" didn't cut it. Once a dog gets a taste for chicken or other barnyard animal, that dog is almost guaranteed worthless. If the cure didn't work, you had to put the dog down, because they would go on rampages; killing your livestock, and your neighbors' livestock. Tended to not only make you unpopular, but put a helluva dent in your wallet.

I saw more than one grown man while growing up, bawling like a baby when he had to put one of his dogs down for eating livestock. It's harsh, but that's the way it was, and still is in some places. Fortunately, it's also fairly rare.

Attachments

• cool_story_bro3_20090902_1285175344.jpg
    cool_story_bro3_20090902_1285175344.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 57

Katelin

one day the dark will end

Good Job St. Mary's County!!!!!! Now, can we duct tape her in return?

I recall a pack of dogs out on flat iron road, I think, chasing a pony, cow or something down and killing it.
No way to deal with that but to down them. Probaly a wild pack anyway.

PrepH4U

When I was growing up we had a huge golden retriver that got the taste for turkeys on a neighboring farm. We all loved this dog very much and did not want to see him shot by our neighbor.
My Dad tied a dead turkey from his neck to wear for a couple of days in the summer. Needless to say us girls did not interact with our dog and he was shunned because of the turkey. I do not know what cured him, the smell of the turkey or us girls not wanting him to be with us on our farm hikes.
I understand the thinking behind the treatment but, thank goodness people have gotten smarter with their training.
I think duct tape around the mouth and then tethered to a tree is totally beyond cruel. So that dog would not be able to drink or eat nor would he be able to pant to cool himself down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On my grandfather's farm they used to just shoot the wayward dog - none of this fancy rigamarole behavior modification crap these namby pambys do with dogs these days. No siree. Forget the chicken, all the dog had to do was look wrong at an egg and he was a goner.

My grandfather's dogs didn't wear clothes, neither.