Dump Cake

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Anyone know how to make this? I want to make this for one of my employees for his birthday tomorrow... I googled the recipe but was wondering if anyone else had one that they know is really good.

LusbyMom

Thanks.. I should have searched first :lol: Didn't think about it..

When I googled it I was surprised that you put dry cake mix in...

stars24

I use the recipe that someone posted above but I skip the nuts and coconut... Just cherry pie filling, crushed pineapple, dry yellow cake mix and melted butter on top... Served warm with vanilla ice cream...

I've tried several variations (pumpkin, blueberry, etc.) but the cherry pineapple always ends up being the favorite.

That's kind of like the 'impossible pie', using Bisquick to make pies and quiches.

Cooks.com - Recipes - Bisquick Impossible Pies

This one is good, haven't made it in a long time...

Impossible Cheeseburger pie

1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
2 tomatoes sliced
1 cup chedder or american cheese

Heat oven to 400. Grease pie plate, 10x1x1/2. Cook and stir beef and onion in a skillet, until beef is brown, drain. Stir in salt and pepper, and spread in pie plate.

Beat Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with a wire wisk or hand beater till almost smooth, about 1 min. Pour onto beef in pie plate.

Bake 25 min. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake till knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 min.

Last edited:

Wenchy

Hot Flash
That's kind of like the 'impossible pie', using Bisquick to make pies and quiches.

1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
2 tomatoes sliced

Heat oven to 400. Grease pie plate, 10x1x1/2. Cook and stir beef and onion in a skillet, until beef is brown, drain. Stir in salt and pepper, and spread in pie plate.

Beat Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with a wire wisk or hand beater till almost smooth, about 1 min. Pour onto beef in pie plate.

Bake 25 min. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake till knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 min.

Easier:

Have you tried the tater tot casserole? It's kind of gross layering all that stuff on raw ground beef, but it works and was a hit with the family.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Anyone know how to make this? I want to make this for one of my employees for his birthday tomorrow... I googled the recipe but was wondering if anyone else had one that they know is really good.

:smack: You know who the cake lady is, but didn't ask her. WTF?

C

CalvertNewbie

1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs
2 tomatoes sliced

My Mom used to make that for us when we were kids and we loved it. I make it too but because hubby hates onions, I brown the beef taco style instead and leave out the tomato, salt & pepper.

LusbyMom

:smack: You know who the cake lady is, but didn't ask her. WTF?

Welp I asked cake lady... and do you know what she said? She said I've never made one. I wouldn't even know where to start. I'd be searching the Internet on that one!

:razz:

SoccerMom2

Thank you for posting this. I totally forgot about this cake. My mom well tried to make this cake when we i was a kid. My nana made it the best! Now i am going to make with my kids.

idiganthro

Here is our family's dump cake recipe. It's not as fancy as the other one listed, (which I intend to try also!) but my kids still request it for birthdays and other special occasions. It comes out warm and bubbly, almost like a cobbler.

Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2 cans apple pie filling
1 large can sliced pears (drain and keep the juice)
1 box yellow or white cake mix, the kind with pudding in the mix
cinammon
1/2 to 1 stick butter

In a 9 x 13" pan spread apple pie filling and pears across the bottom. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the top of the fruit. Carefully pour the retained pear juice over the top of the cake mix. Cut butter into squares (I use less to try and be a little healthier) and place the squares on top of the cake. Sprinkle with cinammon. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes until top is browned and sides are bubbly. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.

You can substitute different types of fruit, such as peach pie filling and a large can (or 2 regular cans) of apricots. Just be sure to have drained juice to pour over the top!

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Bump for withrespect.

I prefer the pineapple and cherry version. Three ingredients!

No fail...and there are some other good recipes in here.

I can't wait to read the stories of how you failed with this. :killingme

Bump for withrespect.

:frown: You make me sound like such a failure. I have been doing so well. :bawl:

NO SOUP FOR YOU! :mad:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Bump for withrespect.

My favorite episode of Seinfeld.

You entertain us all with your failures. :killingme

Dump cake also needs butter. My bad.

Let us all know how it works out. :popcorn:
Are you jealous of WR, because she is prettier than you?

Bump for withrespect.

My co-worker brought it cherry dump cake for my baby shower awhile back and it was soooo good :yum:

Are you jealous of WR, because she is prettier than you?

That was mean :buttkick:

WR is really pretty though :dance: