Duplicate Nerve in Spine?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Fiance' had his discectomy (back surgery) today. Doctor said that when he went in, the nerve that runs down the spine is actually a duplicate or split ... in other words, there are two. I can't find anything on webmd about it. Anyone know? :shrug: We didn't have a whole lot of time to talk to him post-op, so I'm a little :confused: about it. I've never heard of such a thing.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Fiance' had his discectomy (back surgery) today. Doctor said that when he went in, the nerve that runs down the spine is actually a duplicate or split ... in other words, there are two. I can't find anything on webmd about it. Anyone know? :shrug: We didn't have a whole lot of time to talk to him post-op, so I'm a little :confused: about it. I've never heard of such a thing.

???

Diastematomyelia

???

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Some of the symtoms are similar to Cauda Equina, which son #1 has. He sees the neurosurgeon Friday...more surgery on the way.

Where was the surgery performed and what is his prognosis for a good recovery? Will he always have minimal pain or more severe pain? What disks were involved?

bcp

In My Opinion
Wishing him a full recovery.
having had two back surgeries now, I can tell you that the first week after is not the most fun one could be having.

M

Mousebaby

having had two back surgeries now, I can tell you that the first week after is not the most fun one could be having.

I have not been on all morning, have you been to the doctor yet?

T

toppick08

:yeahthat:

I had a bulged disc fused in my neck, back in '99......takes some time to recover, still have the scar on my neck....:ohwell:

:yeahthat:

I had a bulged disc fused in my neck, back in '99......takes some time to recover, still have the scar on my neck....:ohwell:

I'm up to 3 for lower back.... Now the neck is acting up... I see another session in a few years.

M

Mousebaby

I have two herniated disc's and a bulging disc in my upper to mid back and Osteoarthritis in my neck. There is NO WAY anyone is touching me with a scalpel around my back. So I guess I will have to suffer. :ohwell:

bcp

In My Opinion
I'm up to 3 for lower back.... Now the neck is acting up... I see another session in a few years.
make them give you the Delada? (man made Heroin)
worth the surgery just to get some of that stuff.

jsouthan

make them give you the Delada? (man made Heroin)
worth the surgery just to get some of that stuff.

I think you mean Dilaudid. It is some great stuff. When my bil got it after surgery he kept saying, "Can I have some more of that Bin Laden?" :lmao: