Dutch nationals trespassed at Nevada National Security Site

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Two Dutch nationals were arrested Tuesday, accused of trespassing at a national security site in Nevada on the eve of the 18th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

The men, identified as Govert Charles Wilhelmus Jacob Sweep, 21, and Ties Granzier, 20, were booked into the Nye County Detention Center after being apprehended about three miles inside the property, FOX 5 of Las Vegas reported.

This_person

nutz

Doesn't say which site.
Nevada National Security Site, areas 1-30. Its an old bombing/gunnery range, turned nuclear test site, back to a bombing/gunnery range. Miles and miles and miles (0ver 1300) of desert. Second best is going to Whitesands, NM for a fun filled, relaxed vacation.

Tech

Nye county abuts the west side of the area we commonly call Area 51. Runs up to about 5 miles shy of the airstrip.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. Miles and miles and miles (0ver 1300) of desert. Second best is going to Whitesands, NM for a fun filled, relaxed vacation.

I took most of my extended beach (but no water) vacations at Yuma Proving Grounds... ;-)

nutz

Never vacationed there myself....is it nice? ;-) I did enjoy a stint back in the woods in Huntsville...much nicer than desert.
I only had to drive a vehicle there once to pay the necessary homage to a crew that got very close to finding something that I accidentally lost 😢. I do know that it takes a 6 pack to make the drive from there to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon :whistle:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I only had to drive a vehicle there once to pay the necessary homage to a crew that got very close to finding something that I accidentally lost 😢. I

LOL..I had to spend some time at MCAS Cherry Point, "lending technical assistance and advice" to a gunnery sgt who "lost" some of my harware out in the swamps. Take away: Make sure the LAU is quite firmly attached to something substantial before committing to any unauthorized rocket testing.....