• Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any day just so long as it's before another one of Larry's poll posts

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Today is the first day this year when I felt warmth in the air. Those nice couple of days we had a month or so ago don't count because the ground was still cold. Right now, there is warmth in the air, no bite in the breeze and the ground, while not warm, is soft and has that 'spring' feel to it so, this is it. And a thought blurted into my head; nice day to die.

Then, another thought; no, what a waste to die today.

Then, another thought; no, I mean after enjoying the day, at the end of it, to die while it is pleasant.

Then, another; No, I'd rather die when it is bitter so that it stops.

Then, another; No, bitter days make me eager for spring so, I'd hate to die before I got to feel that first warm day again.

Like today.

So, I really don't know that I have a preference. When it is bitter, I can see how that saps the last straw out of older folks, exhausted, constantly chilled so, on the off chance I make it to old age, I am back to square one, original thought; a nice day, the end of it, may be the way, the day, I wanna go.

So, what of it?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You know, have you ever just looked at one of my effed up posts and said "I know what he meant' and left it at that, huh? I mean, it's not like I don't give you enough chances.

:stupid:

Of course I knew what it meant. :lol:

cricketmd

Today is the first day this year when I felt warmth in the air. Those nice couple of days we had a month or so ago don't count because the ground was still cold. Right now, there is warmth in the air, no bite in the breeze and the ground, while not warm, is soft and has that 'spring' feel to it so, this is it. And a thought blurted into my head; nice day to die.

Then, another thought; no, I mean after enjoying the day, at the end of it, to die while it is pleasant.

Then, another; No, bitter days make me eager for spring so, I'd hate to die before I got to feel that first warm day again.

Like today.

So, I really don't know that I have a preference. When it is bitter, I can see how that saps the last straw out of older folks, exhausted, constantly chilled so, on the off chance I make it to old age, I am back to square one, original thought; a nice day, the end of it, may be the way, the day, I wanna go.

So, what of it?

:frown: Is this a cry for help? :confused: :huggy:

Like today.

So, what of it?

You need pie.

Once you're dead how and when you died matters more to those you left behind than to you. So I'd answer the question from that perspective. What kind of dying day would be best for my friends and family? The notion that a loved one died happy, or doing something they enjoyed, seems to have a comforting effect on people. So, if I enjoyed warm days considerably more than bitter ones, I suppose I'd prefer to die on a warm day.

Like today.

So, what of it?

After a nice day, but preferably in fall, before winter sets in. Oh and before I have to go set all the clocks back and change the batteries in the smoke detectors.

Too much pie is probably what will kill me. :lol:

Guess not many folks give much thought to their last day which means my 'how do you think you will die' poll can wait.

:lol:

I've only ever thought of it deeply once. Had an early morning surgery in DC in the spring. As I'm lying on the gurney just outside surgery, I was looking out a big picture window. It was early sunrise, warm, trees were in flower, birds were singing.

And I thought to myself that there is a chance I will never ever see this again.

Other than that, I know I will die alone, in a nursing home, in a wheelchair.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Last Tuesday I was driving to school and some tard decided he wanted his car to be in the space mine was occupying. My thought was, "You bastard! If you freaking kill me while I'm on my way to take this test that I've wasted my last two days on earth studying for, I will come back from the grave and eat your brain."

So rain or shine, doesn't matter. I'd rather drop dead after a great weekend of friends, food, laughter, and alcohol. Or get whacked out on the way BACK from visiting the kids in TX. Something like that.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I want to die when its winter. The wife can stick my lifeless cold body in a chair on the front porch so I can greet every annoying salesman that comes by our house.

She can bury me after the spring thaw when my body starts to stink.

Vince

I want to die when its winter. The wife can stick my lifeless cold body in a chair on the front porch so I can greet every annoying salesman that comes by our house.

She can bury me after the spring thaw when my body starts to stink.
:killingme I can picture you on the front porch and your wife posing you with your hand waving.

TPD

the poor dad
I want to die on an April 15th at about 11:30 in the evening - I don't care what the weather is and I don't care which post office is open till midnight!