E-Cig vaporizer pen thingy

Chris0nllyn

Anyone else made the switch?

Not those cheap NJoy things from 7-11, but the rechargeable battery, liquid tank having thingys.

About 3 weeks ago, I went into a gas station to buy a pack of cigs, and noticed they had these Vape pens on display.

For $30, I said sure, and walked out with the Battery, charger, tank, and a vile of non-menthol tobacco flavor with 1.8% nicotine. It took about a day to get over the taste difference and for some people I've showed it to, inhaling

Sine then, I went back and got (3) more flavors. Blueberry, Cherry, and Grape and an extra tank.

The Blueberry is entirely too strong. The Cherry tatstes like cough medicine, but the grape wasn't bad. I think I'll go back to the classic tobacco taste though.

The battery lasts me about 2 days. But I have the bottom of the line model. they also offer batteries with longer life, and adjustable voltages.

In 3 weeks, I've smoked 1 cig (because I left my charger at work over President's day weekend), and haven't craved specifically, a cigarette, since I got this. No stink, no bad taste, no having to go outside to smoke, no more rolling down my windows in 5* weather to smoke, etc.

https://www.ivaporx.com/

Chris0nllyn

I have a couple of vape things going on:

1. The Cig20 battery and cartridge set,
  2. And a custom rig that a friend made, with a nifty huffer thing that you refill with "juice" in a number of "flavors".
    This is where he gets his juice: Best E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes | E Cig Juice - MT Baker Vapor

I've smoke a couple of normal cigarettes since quitting and they are vile. Vaping is a lot nicer.

Friend of mine uses something similiar to the Cig20.

Friend of mine is about to open a store in this area, and will be offering premium juices. I had no idea there were so many, or that you can make your own for a fraction of the price of cigs.

Have you noticed things like a keener sense of smell and taste?

I noticed that I can REALLY smell cigs now. Either someone smoking or someone that just got done.

I've spent about $70 so far. It's lasted me 3 weeks, with at least another week left in liquid. Normally, I would have spent $7-$8 a pack every 3 days. It'll pay for itself within a month.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Friend of mine is about to open a store in this area, and will be offering premium juices.

Keep me posted on this. In Myrtle Beach there is a vape store that has all kinds of e-cigs, plus the huffer thingies and a ton of juices, from cigarette-looking to really fancy. It would be very cool to have one of those in this area.

I can smell cigarettes more now but they're not more unpleasant than any other reek. Cheap cologne smells worse. I can't say it's really affected my sense of taste, though.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
A fake head shop in MB. Want to see my shocked face?:killingme

Last edited:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Apollo

I have been using mine for a year now and would never go back to cigs and I was a 2 pack a day smoker. Apolloecig.com is where we got our kits and the juices when we started.
We are now making our own juice and can control the flavor and the nicotine. All the items to do this are on line and will save you a ton of money by doing it yourself. My daughter who got us started on this is now selling juices to her friends at a reduced rate and has brought her operating cost to use her own e cig to zero.

Chris0nllyn

I have been using mine for a year now and would never go back to cigs and I was a 2 pack a day smoker. Apolloecig.com is where we got our kits and the juices when we started.
We are now making our own juice and can control the flavor and the nicotine. All the items to do this are on line and will save you a ton of money by doing it yourself. My daughter who got us started on this is now selling juices to her friends at a reduced rate and has brought her operating cost to use her own e cig to zero.

Congrats on 1 year!

I was looking around today at some juices. There's so many flavors!

I may buy a sample pack and see which ones I like. Key Lime Pie, Banana Split, Mountain Dew, etc. could either be really good, or really bad. :lol:

Friend of mine who's really big into vaping said he's blending his own juices as well. Looking forward to see what he comes up with.

Chris0nllyn

Keep me posted on this. In Myrtle Beach there is a vape store that has all kinds of e-cigs, plus the huffer thingies and a ton of juices, from cigarette-looking to really fancy. It would be very cool to have one of those in this area.

I can smell cigarettes more now but they're not more unpleasant than any other reek. Cheap cologne smells worse. I can't say it's really affected my sense of taste, though.

The closest place like that would probably be the Vape Vine way up in Millersville.

Chris0nllyn

So, my cheap VaporX pen finally kicked the bucket.

The battery is literally coming apart, the button can't be pressed anymore, and the cheap plastic tank cracked.

So, yesterday I upgraded. Got a Vision Spinner 1100ma battery and a Kanger Protank 3. I also got premium juice (Space Jam Astro).

The difference is amazing. Adjusting the voltage to get the perfect throat hit is a nie feature, and the juice doesn't give you that "back of the throat burn" that the cheaper juices in the VaporX had.

View attachment 102056

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My husband bought the Blu e-cigs but has yet to use it. He just wanted it available if/when he decides to quit. :ohwell:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Everyone says they satisfy the oral fixation part of quitting. I'd rather see someone sucking their thumb or chewing on a straw to help them quit. My grandson told me even kids that didn't smoke are using them, because they look cool. Thats my word not his, can't remember what word he used it wasn't in my slang world. lol

So, its pulling them in to be part of a fad. Just sayin' .

:coffee:

Good luck Pete.

Chris0nllyn

My husband bought the Blu e-cigs but has yet to use it. He just wanted it available if/when he decides to quit. :ohwell:

I tried those NJoy/Blu ones, and wasn't impressed. Granted, they are better than a cigarette, but I like the vaporizer pens personally.

I switched. Pretty much quit smoking 3 weeks ago.

It's been about a month for me. While my old vape was out of commission, I did smoke 2 cigs (beer was involved also, so that didn't help)

Sweet. Where'd you get that?

The Harbour Way Exxon in Bowie. Stopped to get gas, and they had an huge selection.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=exxo....009929,0.023518&safe=active&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

They're not too expensive, but not uber cheap. I paid $50 for the tank and battery.

Everyone says they satisfy the oral fixation part of quitting. I'd rather see someone sucking their thumb or chewing on a straw to help them quit. My grandson told me even kids that didn't smoke are using them, because they look cool. Thats my word not his, can't remember what word he used it wasn't in my slang world. lol

:coffee:

Good luck Pete.

Kids will be kids I guess, but if anything, I'd rather have my kid smoke this than a real cig.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I wish they'd cut it out. If O'Malley gets wind of this he'll slap a huge tax on it bigger than ####, then my quitting smoking to thumb my nose at The Man will be for naught.

glhs837

Power with Control
Ha, you think O'spendy and his pals wont find a way to tax this? You dreamer you :) some global warming offset or some such crap.

Chris0nllyn

Ha, you think O'spendy and his pals wont find a way to tax this? You dreamer you :) some global warming offset or some such crap.

It's just food grade glycol. If someone wants to argue global warming, they better find something else. :lol:

I'm sure something will come of it.

glhs837

Power with Control
It's just food grade glycol. If someone wants to argue global warming, they better find something else. :lol:

I'm sure something will come of it.

So you think the idiots that have managed to ban them based on "it looks like smoking" cant find a way to tax this? Never bet against a politician in search of a buck.