Eagles...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
get plucked. Final score: St. Louis 20, Philly 7

Still think being without TO doesn't make a difference? :whistle:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...the game doesn't mean squat. They're the division champs, have home field advantage through the playoffs, yadda-yadda-yadda.

But still...Steelers are 14-1 and Eagles are 13-2. :ohwell:

big_poppa

What!!!!!

No first let me start off by saying that I don't like the Eagles or the Steelers, however how can you post something like that. Evidently you just don't follow football very much. The NFC has been playing bad enough as a whole this year that the Eagles did not need to win any games the rest of the season yet still secured HFA throughout. Now the AFC on the other hand has two teams nipping on each others heals, therefore need to go down to the wire for someone to have HMA. So the Steelers started and played their stars this weekend and won. The Eagles on the other hand did what was smart for them to do, and sat their stars, Mcnabb played one series, the one which the scored on at that!! So I guess what I am saying is that without being rude, there are many factors that went into the Eagles loss last night, but the biggest one would have to be the fact that it was basically a 2nd string team playing a first string team hungry for a win and a shot to get into the playoffs.

Just to conclude, I hate the Eagles, and don't really care for the Steelers, however I am a FOOTBALL fan first, and must say something when someone just posts something like that. Thank you and if I offended someone, OH WELL!!!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Whatta weekend! My Cowboys WON against the Redskins :party: AND the Eagles lost. :getdown:

It's like a double whammy! :banana:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
07-26-2004, 02:42 PM Post #2
crabcake (Premo)
Chief of ST's Staff

Not that I give a hoot about football anymore, but ...
this sounds like good news!

:shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
big_poppa said:
I guess you couldn't read the sarcasm in the post, could you now? :dork:

Anyway, it was directed at the Eagles fans to see what THEY have to say. :neener:

Ponytail

pvineswinger said:
Where's that Ponytail now? I bet he saw this loss coming too!
The Rams-hahahahahaha!!
:banana:

Um yea, with 2nd and 3rd string players in, who didn't? After the announcement by the Eagles earlier in the week that they'd be playing the 2nd and 3rd string guys, they were even picked to lose.

:tool:

See ya in the playoffs.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Ponytail said:
Um yea, with 2nd and 3rd string players in, who didn't? After the announcement by the Eagles earlier in the week that they'd be playing the 2nd and 3rd string guys, they were even picked to lose.

:tool:

See ya in the playoffs.

Excuses, excuses....
I think you are JUST soooooo freakin' perceptive. Everyone else's feeble little minds can't keep up. :yay:

C

czygvtwkr

big_poppa said:
No first let me start off by saying that I don't like the Eagles or the Steelers, however how can you post something like that. Evidently you just don't follow football very much. The NFC has been playing bad enough as a whole this year that the Eagles did not need to win any games the rest of the season yet still secured HFA throughout. Now the AFC on the other hand has two teams nipping on each others heals, therefore need to go down to the wire for someone to have HMA. So the Steelers started and played their stars this weekend and won. The Eagles on the other hand did what was smart for them to do, and sat their stars, Mcnabb played one series, the one which the scored on at that!! So I guess what I am saying is that without being rude, there are many factors that went into the Eagles loss last night, but the biggest one would have to be the fact that it was basically a 2nd string team playing a first string team hungry for a win and a shot to get into the playoffs.

Just to conclude, I hate the Eagles, and don't really care for the Steelers, however I am a FOOTBALL fan first, and must say something when someone just posts something like that. Thank you and if I offended someone, OH WELL!!!

Well how about this, the Steelers spanked the Eagles hard head to head :lmao:

B

Bruzilla

big_poppa said:
So the Steelers started and played their stars this weekend and won. The Eagles on the other hand did what was smart for them to do, and sat their stars, Mcnabb played one series, the one which the scored on at that!!

Speaking as a Steelers fan, I can say that your observation is incorrect. The Steelers did not play "their stars" against the Bills, who by the way were playing for a playoff slot and should have been at the top of their game. The Steelers only played a couple of their stars while the rest sat the game out. This was a fact that was repeatedly discussed by the announcers, specifically, how could the 2nd and 3rd string players of the Steelers be doing such a job on the Bills?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
crabcake said:
Whatta weekend! My Cowboys WON against the Redskins :party: AND the Eagles lost. :getdown:

It's like a double whammy! :banana:

I don't care who wins, as long as Dallas Loses.. though I do LOVE to see the 41 year old Testaverde out there playing with the young guys... now if we can just get him and Rice on the same team.. what a hoot for us old guys!

BUT am a LONG time (and it was a HARD time) Patriots fan, and would have never thought we would see New England 2/3 for the SuperBowl.

As far as the Eagles, if one person "makes" a team, they don't deserve to be in the superbowl.. and really don't think they are going to make it that far.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
itsbob said:
I don't care who wins, as long as Dallas Loses.. though I do LOVE to see the 41 year old Testaverde out there playing with the young guys... now if we can just get him and Rice on the same team.. what a hoot for us old guys!

BUT am a LONG time (and it was a HARD time) Patriots fan, and would have never thought we would see New England 2/3 for the SuperBowl.

As far as the Eagles, if one person "makes" a team, they don't deserve to be in the superbowl.. and really don't think they are going to make it that far.

Hey, Bettis is amazing for an "old guy"- let's not forget him!!
A piece of advice for the playoffs, so no one gets hurt:
Don't stand in front of the BUS!!! :yay: