Ear Problems

L

luckystar

It feels like someone poured hot wax and a few needles into my ear and plugged it with a cork. I can't get the cork out! :bawl:

I have an appointment tomorrow, but does anyone have any tips for relief in the meantime? Dad says he's gonna try the peroxide in the ear thing. I've heard of applying a heating pad, but it already feels warm. Don't know how good that would feel. I've never had problems with my ears as an adult. This kinda sucks.

punjabigyrl

sounds like you have/had some was buildup and its trying to come out. Glad you are going to the doctor. No harm in trying the hydrogen peroxide.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If you have an appt tomorrow, you should wait on trying home remedies. You could make it worse.

L

luckystar

sounds like you have/had some was buildup and its trying to come out. Glad you are going to the doctor. No harm in trying the hydrogen peroxide.

I think it's more than wax (that's what you meant, right?). I think it's an infection, plus I've had a sore throat and nasal cavity with drainage. I think my head is infected. :ohwell:

If you have an appt tomorrow, you should wait on trying home remedies. You could make it worse.

Good point. I guess I'll stick with the Advil.

lovinmaryland

:yeahthat:

But you can use a heating pad. When the kids have earaches I dose them up w/ advil (ibuprofen) and then wrap a heating pad w/ a towel, put it on their pillow and they sleep on that. It really helps at night.

L

luckystar

:yeahthat:

But you can use a heating pad. When the kids have earaches I dose them up w/ advil (ibuprofen) and then wrap a heating pad w/ a towel, put it on their pillow and they sleep on that. It really helps at night.

I'll give it a shot. Not sure about how good it will feel, my ears already feel warm inside. We'll see though, can't knock it 'til I try it.

Do they give you anything besides antibiotics for it? Is there such thing as a lidocaine ear drop or something like that? That would be GREAT.

:daydreams of numb ears: :lol:

SoMDGirl42

I think it's more than wax (that's what you meant, right?). I think it's an infection, plus I've had a sore throat and nasal cavity with drainage. I think my head is infected. :ohwell:

Good point. I guess I'll stick with the Advil.

Maybe you had a bug crawl in there, eat through your drum and now it's working it's way into your brain. Ewwwwwwww.

I hope they get that bug out before it kills you. :huggy:

lovinmaryland

I'll give it a shot. Not sure about how good it will feel, my ears already feel warm inside. We'll see though, can't knock it 'til I try it.

Do they give you anything besides antibiotics for it? Is there such thing as a lidocaine ear drop or something like that? That would be GREAT.

:daydreams of numb ears: :lol:

Last time Big B went to the Dr. for an ear infection he ended up having a double ear infection and the Dr. prescribed him some percocet for pain :yay:

L

luckystar

Can you still hear it chewing? Do the sharp pains correspond with each bite?

The sharp pains seem to come and go on their own, but come with ringing. Eating is a PITA though, because I constantly want to yawn and pop my ears.

SoMDGirl42

The sharp pains seem to come and go on their own, but come with ringing. Eating is a PITA though, because I constantly want to yawn and pop my ears.

I was referring to the bug chewing through your ear drum and brain which would mean it's still alive. :cds:

Ok, I'm done teasing you. I hope it feels better soon.