St. Mary's Co. Early Dismissal at Chopticon High School June 14

St. Mary's County Public Schools logo

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Dr. J. Scott Smith, Superintendent of Schools, 301-475-5511, ext. 32178

LEONARDTOWN, MD – Chopticon High School will be closing early today, June 14, 2022, due to high temperatures. Repairs to the cooling system are underway, but will not be completed until later today. Chopticon HS will follow the early release schedule, dismissing at approximately 12:45 PM.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We didn't have these problems when I attended old cow pie high because we didn't have a/c.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
You were probably allowed to have doors and windows open in the classrooms too. That's a no-no nowadays.
Hadn't thought about that. We even had a .22 rifle to put down the hogs we raised. This was done right outside the door that never latched/locked. We live in a different world today.

Reactions: rio

CRHS89

My kid has gotten a emails from a few teachers stating that tomorrow is "optional". I haven't seen that anywhere official though and didn't get the robocall.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My kid has gotten a emails from a few teachers stating that tomorrow is "optional". I haven't seen that anywhere official though and didn't get the robocall.
Back in the stoneage that just meant every student is recorded as present. ;) ;)