Earthlink

For those how asked about a good InterNet provide.  For the pass two years I've had Earthlink.  I've never been kicked off and never had a problem dialing up.  They have local dial-ups everyware.  I'm not a promote and I get nothing out of pass this information.  I now use Comcast because of the speed.

He's a tip that will save you $$.  With over 600 customers in Southern, MD I have told a lot of people how happy I was with Earthlink.  In doing so, for each person that signed up I received one free month of service.  So I haven't paid for the service for over two years.

You will find that the cost is higher than most others.  But, you pay for what you get.

Please call 1-800-EARTHLINK for more information.  FYI... You get discounts if you use USAA for insurance and Sprint for long distance.

alex

I also use Earthlink and totally agree with your post. The best part is I never get unwanted junk email. I only wish their DSL service was a little cheaper. However their dialup is great and I get a $2.00 per month discount through my credit union on that service.

DarbyOhara

Musician
I have used Earthlink in my past internet years and I agree... they were a very good service... until they started promoting like AOL does... tv ads, etc. then their customer service starting going down and they were getting ALOT of bad reviews (in the dialup and DSL areas). Of course, announcing to everyone that you have been free of internet charges because you have recruited others... then say you are not recruiting for them.... sure makes many wonder....

Anyway... just my opinion... they ARE better than AOL... but then again, who isn't! :eek:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have been using Earthlink for about 8 months now - I had been with Erols for 4 years before that. I won't say Erol's was bad, but I would often get busy signals at peak times and get thrown off the system regularly. Also, I started receiving VOLUMES of junk email - I have no idea why they would think I'd want to see Britney nude and/or in sexual situations - and they were unwilling/unable to stop it or help me stop it.

I have yet to experience a busy signal with Earthlink and have never had a problem being logged off or losing my connection. I've emailed problems to them three times and all were resolved in a matter of hours. :yay:

So until I find a good DSL provider that is actually available in my area, I'll stick with Earthlink.

Y

yornoc

I don't have any experience with Earthlink but I've used TQCI for about 3 years and never had a problem (plus they are inexpensive). I am currently with Spearnet.net because they have local numbers nationwide which enable me to have access with my laptop whenever I travel. They are also only $12.95 per month and I've never had a problem. Prior to travel, I just go online and look up the local dial-up number for the city I'm going to be in and add it to my dial-up network connection. When I get to the designated city, all I need is a phone and UMUC here I am:D