Earthquakes

Oh MY! Glad we don't have any around here very often...
Earthquakes scare me!!

They are quite weird to experience. These are pretty small ones though.

You know I am convinced the west coast is going to snap off at the Rocky Mountains and slide into the Pacific!

The interesting thing is that a huge area just to the North of the Gulf of California is well below sea level. The only thing keeping the fish out is a low bridge of of sand, the old Colorado River delta. Wouldn't take much to bust that up.

They are quite weird to experience. These are pretty small ones though.

I was in Anchorage waiting on a plane to out to the Aleutian's the first time I experienced one... I was in a hotel room and the whole room shook and we could not figure out what it was until it was over!

The second one I was out on the Aleutian Islands - there was a loud BOOM and the next thing we knew the whole place was moving in all directions, it seemed like forever but was only a few seconds. It was a 4 or 5 something, really cannot remember.

I do not know what the BOOM was, but man it was the weirdest feeling.

PJumper

You know I am convinced the west coast is going to snap off at the Rocky Mountains and slide into the Pacific!

Not the case. It's actually being shove North and East by the Pacific plate, so Tijuana maybe in San Diego area in a century or two.