Easter Breakfast

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
In the past, growing up, Easter breakfast would have been hard boiled eggs and Entenmann's hot cross buns. Haven't found the Entenmanns for a few years now.

After I got married, the wife's Lithuanian heritage breakfast was hard boiled eggs, smoked Polish kielbasa, and fresh Polish kielbasa with horseradish and sauerkraut. Attending family gatherings or church after that was interesting, as everyone stunk of garlic.

Well, can't have sweets anymore, and didn't get to NY recently to get my genuine Polish sausage, and forgot to make hard boiled eggs. So today's b'fast was a 3 egg omelet with cheese, using the leftover grilled veggies from last night.

Happy Easter!

TPD

the poor dad
Entenmann's hot cross buns. Haven't found the Entenmanns for a few years now.
This just came up in a conversation last week and I think a substitute had been found but I just can't remember what that substitute was since my mother used to make them from scratch.

French toast and expensive bacon here this morning. Probably more expensive than vrai's chopped steak. Hey but it's Easter - splurge a bit!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This just came up in a conversation last week and I think a substitute had been found but I just can't remember what that substitute was since my mother used to make them from scratch.
I'm a good cook for most things, but pastry is a big miss. Never get the dough right. I've tried a few of the store brands of hot cross buns, but they are usually on the stale side or very dry.

I'd be interested in the source if you remember.

Reactions: TPD

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Breakfast consisted of nibbling while I prep for dinner.

Smoked salmon, pumpernickel bread, cucs, tomatoes, pickled shrimp, marinated asparagus.

The last couple of sleeves of cocktail bread I bought were moldy, so made my own. Yum.

And made a pitcher of sweet tea. I won't sleep tonight.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
French toast casserole with brown sugar crumble topping, bacon, link sausage from Russell Brothers, crab quiche, sheet pan pancake. We hosted my bils fam so it wasn't just my household for all that.

I'll be putting a bacon wrapped turkey breast in the smoker for dinner this evening.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Sausage Egg McMuffin. Since it was Easter Sunday, I splurged and got the meal.

PJay

Sadly, like everything else, smaller in size...at my location.

I make them a lot. So good.