Ebay question

Duckz

I'm looking at new helmets for sale on ebay, and noticed that the Charles Owen GR8 is much cheaper coming from a store based in England. Factoring in the exchange rate, I can get one for $187 (they retail for $280). Does anyone know if a new helmet coming from England is certified under different standards than in the US? Can anyone think of a reason I shouldn't buy a new helmet from across the pond? This store is a power seller on ebay and has an excellent feedback rating.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I got mine off of ebay....if it is the same name I would think it would have the same specs..I used mine 1 time and was very happy with it..thanks for reminding me I have to find it before the ride this weekend :jameo: BTW whos going??

Spicober

I'm looking at new helmets for sale on ebay, and noticed that the Charles Owen GR8 is much cheaper coming from a store based in England. Factoring in the exchange rate, I can get one for $187 (they retail for $280). Does anyone know if a new helmet coming from England is certified under different standards than in the US? Can anyone think of a reason I shouldn't buy a new helmet from across the pond? This store is a power seller on ebay and has an excellent feedback rating.

SHIPPING!! Ask how much they will ship it to you for. That is the catch with over seas. Sometimes its worth it sometimes its not. Helmet shouldnt be that bad, but you never know. I would Just check first before you bid :howdy:

Duckz

SHIPPING!! Ask how much they will ship it to you for. That is the catch with over seas. Sometimes its worth it sometimes its not. Helmet shouldnt be that bad, but you never know. I would Just check first before you bid :howdy:

Thanks! Looks like $15 if I'm reading correctly. Not bad.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Ducz, I will be starting to carry CO helmets soon and it looks like they are manufactured over seas so even the ones you buy in the US are all made in the same place. I dont see any difference in the US vs. Euro helmets. That is an excellent price.

FrmGrl

Get some!
Ducz, I will be starting to carry CO helmets soon and it looks like they are manufactured over seas so even the ones you buy in the US are all made in the same place. I dont see any difference in the US vs. Euro helmets. That is an excellent price.
CO just verified they are both SEI (US) and Kitemarked (Euro) certified. Should be ok.