Editor of progressive newspaper celebrates protestors—then they stormed and trashed her office

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
She tweeted out on Saturday, saying "the crowd is extremely peaceful and groups and many are wearing masks and trying to keep distance."
The crowd is extremely peaceful and groups and many are wearing masks and trying to keep distance. #Raleigh #GeorgeFloydprotest pic.twitter.com/1XgZc3nuvp
— Leigh of House (@LeighTauss) May 30, 2020

It was only a few short hours later that Tauss tweeted again about the protests. This time her tone was difference.

I went into the hallway. I heard someone l enter the office and what sounded like smashing inside. We are a small newspaper with a handful of desktops. I’m now hiding in the basement.​
— Leigh of House (@LeighTauss) May 31, 2020
And then on Sunday morning, Tauss posted what had become of her office at the hands of the rioters, tweeting "I’m devastated. We are a progressive newspaper. Last night I was inside when the first brick was thrown."

I’m devastated. We are a progressive newspaper. Last night I was inside when the first brick was thrown #Raleigh pic.twitter.com/MJvPdscyqf
— Leigh of House (@LeighTauss) May 31, 2020

https://thepostmillennial.com/journalist-supported-protesters-until-they-stormed-her-office

SamSpade

(shaking head - face palm).
This is not a war of ideology. You don't get to paint your door lintels with paisleys and Clinton stickers as the mob comes to take your first born. The mob doesn't care who you are.

And it also means that - as much as you like to think of conservatives as violent and cruel - you were hitherto just fine with the mob landing on THEM.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Paint the Door Jam with Blood of an Unblemished Sacrifice and Antifa Will Spare Your Business or Home

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Al Sharpton literally just yelled at them for targeting black-owned businesses. This isn't a race riot.