Education Issues - Actions / Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Parents and students in Canada appear to be protesting a transgender woodshop teacher who wears large prosthetic breasts to school, according to video footage from Canadian outlets Rebel News and True North.

Parents reportedly protested at Oakville Trafalgar High School, where the transgender educator is employed, according to video footage posted by a producer at True North. The parents’ signs dub the transgender teacher’s prosthetics a form of “depravity.” In the background, a speaker seems to suggest that the situation in part results from the hiring “health ministers that don’t look like they’ve ever been to the gym.”

Students joined the protestors outside of the high school as well, according to video footage from Rebel News. Protesters held signs that read, “teacher’s personal propaganda has no place in the classroom.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“This is an adult living out a sexual fetish of some sort,” she continued.

“Has the world gone completely and utterly insane?” McCain asked. “This is not about gender rights or tolerance or transgenderism. Of course, adults are free to express their gender identity and sexuality in a way of their choosing.”

“This is about political correctness and the overwhelming fear of offending going so far beyond anything resembling reason that absolutely anything and everything is now accepted, no matter how bizarre it is, or in this case, harmful to children’s education,” McCain wrote.

McCain argued schools are supposed to “shelter” children, saying this high school has “flipped that expectation on its head” by “valuing an adult’s right to express themselves over the students’ rights.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

As a longtime advocate of school choice, Stossel is one of the great enemies of the teachers’ unions. Randi Weingarten, the queen bee of the American Federation of Teachers, won’t even talk to him any more. If you don’t recall, Weingarten was the union leader who helped shape the CDC’s and White House’s COVID policies at the height of the pandemic. She fought tooth and nail to keep schools closed, and largely succeeded in Blue states.

Severe learning loss was the result, of course. And that in turn is Weingarten’s current excuse for why the education establishment needs oodles and bundles of new cash. They cratered learning for kids, so they need more money to undo the damage, I guess. As if they have the slightest inclination to help kids actually learn.

More money is always the solution they tell us. And getting rid of white teachers, by the way:

More freedom is the solution we should demand.

Public schools don’t want any competition because their product is mostly terrible. In a few wealthy areas the parents can bully the schools to do better than average, but most of the rest of us are forced to send our kids to second or third-rate schools. The only solution to this problem is empowering parents to choose better alternatives, not to give more money to the people currently failing.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
cheifitz-1-462x730.jpeg

Who is Laura M. Chefetz, you may ask? Is she some low level instructor at a community college?

Well no, she is not. She is the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Vocation, and Student Life at Vanderbilt Divinity School.

Divinity School. Vanderbilt. Assistant Dean. Vocation. Student Life.

How can such a crass individual hold such a high position at a Divinity School? Well take a look at her bio and make a guess:

Laura is multiracial Asian American of Japanese and white Jewish descent. She was the fourth generation of her family to be born in California, and grew up in eastern Oregon and western Washington. Laura has served on various boards, national and international ecumenical bodies, and has been president of two homeowners associations. She is currently the co-moderator of the Special Committee on Per Capita-Based Funding & National Church Financial Sustainability for the Presbyterian Church (USA). As you might imagine, she is well-versed in people and politics.
Laura and her partner, Jessica Vazquez Torres, the National Program Manager for Crossroads Antiracism Organizing & Training, live in Nashville, Tenn. with two rescued Shih Tzus. They enjoy all their nieces and nephews, and hope to be such fabulous aunties that the kids smuggle good booze to them in their retirement home. In their free time, Jessica bakes and Laura delivers the baked goods to friends and neighbors.

stgislander

PREMO Member
cheifitz-1-462x730.jpeg

Who is Laura M. Chefetz, you may ask? Is she some low level instructor at a community college?

Well no, she is not. She is the Assistant Dean of Admissions, Vocation, and Student Life at Vanderbilt Divinity School.

Divinity School. Vanderbilt. Assistant Dean. Vocation. Student Life.

How can such a crass individual hold such a high position at a Divinity School? Well take a look at her bio and make a guess:

, and has been president of two homeowners associations.
That's all I need to know.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Student Group Staging Walkouts Over Virginia’s Trans Guidance Pushed Pro-Abortion, Gun Reform Bills Funded By Dems

The Pride Liberation Project, an allegedly “student-run” organization, hosted nearly 100 walkouts across Virginia to protest Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s updated model policies for dealing with transgender students. The policy mandates educators must inform parents about a child’s perceived shift in gender identity at school. Students protesting Youngkin’s updated guidance dubbed the policy “anti-Queer,” though the Youngkin administration told the Daily Caller the updated policy is popular among constituents.

Youngkin’s spokeswoman Macaulay Porter told the Daily Caller that student protesters objecting to the updated guidance are misinterpreting what the updated guidance intends to do and that just 10% of school district’s adopted the transgender guidance from the previous administration.

“The guidelines make it clear that when parents are part of the process, schools will accommodate the requests of children and their families. Parents should be a part of their children’s lives, and it’s apparent through the public protests and on-camera interviews that those objecting to the guidance already have their parents as part of that conversation,” Porter said. “While students exercise their free speech today, we’d note that these policies state that students should be treated with compassion and schools should be free from bullying and harassment.”

Money for protests and lobbying efforts for the Pride Liberation Project appear to come, at least in part, from the Democratic donor hub “ActBlue.” The Democrat-backed group provides money to the allegedly student-run lobbying efforts, according to an ongoing donation campaign.

“Right now, lawmakers are debating laws that attack the basic rights of LGBTQIA+ students. From a bathroom and Queer literature ban, to weakened protections for Queer students, lawmakers are poised to roll back Virginia’s progress,” the donation campaign reads.

Pride Liberation Project’s website was not created by students, according to an attribution at the bottom of the site. The website was donated by Z2B Media, which is owned by Tyler J.D. Begley, an anti-Israel activist who openly advocates for the Pride Liberation Project on his social media pages. Begley did not respond to the Daily Caller’s inquiry into whether he creates the graphics featured on the “student-led” social media pages.

The Pride Liberation Project was created in Aug. 2021 and formed by Aaryan Rawal, a former Fairfax County Public School student and current Harvard undergraduate, according to the group’s State Corporation Commission (SCC) filing. Two high school students became “directors” for the group around the time Rawal began at Harvard in late August 2022.

Kids as Props or useful idiots

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Arizona Teachers’ Union Push to Overturn School-Choice Expansion Fails

Under the expansion of Arizona’s universal-voucher program, known as the Empowerment Scholarship Account (ESA), enacted in June, over one million K-12 public school students in the state will become eligible to receive vouchers to fund their attendance at private, charter, or home schools, up from the 11,000 students who are currently eligible. To subject the expansion to a referendum, the anti-school-choice advocacy group Save Our Schools Arizona had to collect 118,823 valid signatures.

After completing the statutorily prescribed review of petition sheets and signatures enclosed in them, Secretary Katie Hobbs and her office determined that the initiative does not “meet the constitutional minimum” and therefore “will not qualify for the 2024 General Election Ballot.”

“The number of petition signatures eligible for verification will fail to meet the constitutional minimum of 118,823 signatures” required by state law, Arizona state elections director Kori Lorick wrote Thursday.

Prior to Hobbs’ statement, pro-school choice think tanks had run their own preliminary calculations of Save Our Schools’ prospects based on their observations of early petitions.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Trans Student Walkout Group Admits Most Just Wanted To Skip School, Boasts About Tricking Media

National media covered “walkouts” by students supposedly objecting to transgender policies from Virginia Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s administration, but internal video of the “student” group shows that it is led by an adult former Democrat staffer and that the group knew that a large portion of students had no interest in the cause and simply wanted to skip school.

In video of an internal Zoom call obtained by The Daily Wire, the Pride Liberation Project bragged about having tricked the media.

The group’s leader claimed, “We had at least 12,000 students walk out. We were the reason Joe Biden was asked a question on this issue.” It boasted of “coverage from USA Today, the Richmond Times Dispatch, the Virginia Pilot, the Washington Post, AP News, and even some international outlets.”

But in a debrief after the walkouts, one student asked, “I want to know if anyone else had this problem. Yesterday at the school walkout we had about 200 kids participating. Most of the students were just there to skip class. Most of the fliers I handed out got handed right back to me because most of the people weren’t there for the cause of the walkout, they just wanted to skip class.”

Another activist replied, “I definitely had a lot of those people at my school… they are bolstering our numbers. We can count them as people who walked out for the Pride Liberation Project… They’re still helping and they don’t even realize it.”

A top organizer, Rivka Vizcardo-Lichter, replied, “When helicopters are recording your school, they’re not seeing which ones care and which ones don’t, they’re just seeing the numbers. So ya’ll slayed.”

Aaryan Rawal, a college student and former legislative staffer for a Virginia Democrat who led the group on the call, told participants, “The goal of mass mobilization is not necessarily make people care about an issue… the primary goal is to give us credibility in the eyes of lawmakers,” he said. “For the 30 people who actually know what the policy is, and who actually know how they’re gonna advocate, those people suddenly have a lot of credibility when they talk to our Virginia lawmakers.”

[clip]

In an internal message board, Rawal shared a “talking points” document that told people what to say, including repeatedly invoking suicide.

If someone asked if walkouts jeopardized learning, he told them to say, “How can my friends possibly learn about photosynthesis in biology class when they’re worried about whether they’ll be able to come home to a safe place that night.”

The talking points memo said to tell reporters that “I’ve had to talk friends out of suicide at 2 AM in the morning, and I’ve not met a single Queer student who isn’t depressed.”

The document continued, “Remember to focus on our narrative… Using a student’s true pronouns and name has consistently been shown to prevent suicide.”

“We have access to messaging research, or we have access to people who have access to messaging research, and that messaging research really guides what we say in the media,” Rawal said.

So Lying asnd Astroturffing a protest

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pro-Trans Group Behind Virginia School Walkout Plans To ‘Rehome’ Gay Kids Who Hate Their Parents

The Pride Liberation Project, which also says it can give money to students who run away and hide from their parents, garnered glowing headlines September 27 when it organized 12,000 high schoolers to walk out of class to protest a draft policy saying that schools should not hide a student’s gender transition from his parents. Though billed as being an organic group of high schoolers, taking the lead in the materials was Aaryan Rawal, a college student who worked for a Virginia Democrat state lawmaker.

But materials from the group’s internal message board show that its plans go much further than a walkout. A “#resources-for-outed-students” channel, created by Rawal, said the group would help children run away from their parents and arrange for them to be placed with new “Queer friendly” guardians.

“We’re creating this channel as a way for everyone to understand the mutual aid and support resources the PLP has available for outed and in-crisis students! For full transparency, this channel is catered to outed students who are facing familial rejection or need to leave their home for another reason,” he wrote.

Re-Home .. what are the Stray Animals

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Left is going all-in on kidnapping children

The law is as bad as it sounds, but at least it has the virtue of being totally unconstitutional. Once parents, guardians, or random strangers start kidnapping children and crossing state lines to ensure they can get mutilated both the courts and, I hope, the FBI will get involved and stop the practice. If not our country is already lost and it is time to move to some freer place, wherever that might possibly be. (Just kidding! I will stay and fight in any case.)

Apparently kidnapping is becoming a thing with the Left. A non-profit group in Virginia is arranging for children to escape their parents and hide with their queer allies. Via the Daily Wire:

A Virginia pro-trans group with Democratic ties says it will help gender-confused students leave their families and “rehome” them with new “queer friendly” guardians instead, according to internal materials obtained by The Daily Wire.
The Pride Liberation Project, which also says it can give money to students who run away and hide from their parents, garnered glowing headlines September 27 when it organized 12,000 high schoolers to walk out of class to protest a draft policy saying that schools should not hide a student’s gender transition from his parents. Though billed as being an organic group of high schoolers, taking the lead in the materials was Aaryan Rawal, a college student who worked for a Virginia Democrat state lawmaker.
But materials from the group’s internal message board show that its plans go much further than a walkout. A “#resources-for-outed-students” channel, created by Rawal, said the group would help children run away from their parents and arrange for them to be placed with new “Queer friendly” guardians.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One of my family members who was born a nephew and is now a niece hates this push by Tranny activists with a passion.
They made their choice as an adult, and thinks it should be an adult decision.

Hijinx

True trannies. Those that have actually been mutilated cannot breed.
That is the only good point I see in it.

Clem72

Trans Student Walkout Group Admits Most Just Wanted To Skip School, Boasts About Tricking Media

National media covered “walkouts” by students supposedly objecting to transgender policies from Virginia Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s administration, but internal video of the “student” group shows that it is led by an adult former Democrat staffer and that the group knew that a large portion of students had no interest in the cause and simply wanted to skip school.

In video of an internal Zoom call obtained by The Daily Wire, the Pride Liberation Project bragged about having tricked the media.

The group’s leader claimed, “We had at least 12,000 students walk out. We were the reason Joe Biden was asked a question on this issue.” It boasted of “coverage from USA Today, the Richmond Times Dispatch, the Virginia Pilot, the Washington Post, AP News, and even some international outlets.”

But in a debrief after the walkouts, one student asked, “I want to know if anyone else had this problem. Yesterday at the school walkout we had about 200 kids participating. Most of the students were just there to skip class. Most of the fliers I handed out got handed right back to me because most of the people weren’t there for the cause of the walkout, they just wanted to skip class.”

Another activist replied, “I definitely had a lot of those people at my school… they are bolstering our numbers. We can count them as people who walked out for the Pride Liberation Project… They’re still helping and they don’t even realize it.”

A top organizer, Rivka Vizcardo-Lichter, replied, “When helicopters are recording your school, they’re not seeing which ones care and which ones don’t, they’re just seeing the numbers. So ya’ll slayed.”

Aaryan Rawal, a college student and former legislative staffer for a Virginia Democrat who led the group on the call, told participants, “The goal of mass mobilization is not necessarily make people care about an issue… the primary goal is to give us credibility in the eyes of lawmakers,” he said. “For the 30 people who actually know what the policy is, and who actually know how they’re gonna advocate, those people suddenly have a lot of credibility when they talk to our Virginia lawmakers.”

[clip]

In an internal message board, Rawal shared a “talking points” document that told people what to say, including repeatedly invoking suicide.

If someone asked if walkouts jeopardized learning, he told them to say, “How can my friends possibly learn about photosynthesis in biology class when they’re worried about whether they’ll be able to come home to a safe place that night.”

The talking points memo said to tell reporters that “I’ve had to talk friends out of suicide at 2 AM in the morning, and I’ve not met a single Queer student who isn’t depressed.”

The document continued, “Remember to focus on our narrative… Using a student’s true pronouns and name has consistently been shown to prevent suicide.”

“We have access to messaging research, or we have access to people who have access to messaging research, and that messaging research really guides what we say in the media,” Rawal said.

So Lying asnd Astroturffing a protest

Pretty sure I posted this before, but this is always my go-to assumption when students stage a walkout "protest". I am not a spring chicken, but even back in my day we pulled this crap. I started a walkout at my highschool because we were forced to go to school on ash wednesday. Mind you I am not Catholic, I just wanted stir up some shet and skip a day of school.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Could UC Berkeley Lose Its Federal Funding? We Can Hope.

Lawler remarked Monday: “It’s insane to prohibit those who support the State of Israel from speaking in a time when, as we saw at SUNY Brockport, college campuses allow unrepentant cop killers and domestic terrorists to speak at their university. For our country to thrive, it must encourage diversity of opinion and thought.” Why would an aspiring New York congressman care about something happening in a California university? “I’m speaking out on something happening in California because what happened there is becoming a norm everywhere,” Lawler explained. “This kind of policy puts a target on their back and it’s unacceptable.”

Exactly. The New York Post reported Friday that “the controversial bylaw, updated for the new academic year by a pro-Palestinian group on campus, says it aims to stop the spread of Zionist beliefs.” Berkeley Law Students for Justice in Palestine explained that the neo-Nazi student organizations “will not invite speakers that have expressed interest and continue to hold views, host, sponsor or promote events in support of Zionism, the apartheid state of Israel and the occupation of Palestine.”

[clip]

Those who would take refuge in the fact that this ban comes from student groups and not from the university itself should take note of what Kenneth Marcus pointed out in the Jewish Journal: “These are not groups that represent only a small percentage of the student population. They include Women of Berkeley Law, Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, Middle Eastern and North African Law Students Association, Law Students of African Descent and the Queer Caucus.” In other words, groups that represent the fruit of the Left’s decades-long embrace of identity politics have joined together in this open expression of anti-Semitism. They’re just the kind of students that our colleges and universities want to produce these days.

Even worse is the fact that Chemerinsky defended the students’ actions, even as he expressed his mild disapproval, by having the audacity to invoke the freedom of speech: “It is important to recognize that law student groups have free speech rights, including to express messages that I and others might find offensive.” All right. So they have the right to express messages that others might find offensive, but others do not have the right to express messages that they find offensive. They have the freedom of speech. Pro-Israel speakers do not. Conservative speakers do not.