Effexor

Jameo

What?!
Does anyone take this? I have a script and am a littlefearful of filling it.

Have you had your blood checked? What I thought was depression almost a month ago end up being a vitamin B12 deficiency (All the same symptoms as depression) Landed me in the hospital for 6 days.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Is it the XR or regular? The XR is really good you need to take it once a day and it works well. When I got mine refileed they didn't give me the XR and I kept taking it like it was. It was the worse year of my life being on the wrong stuff.

I am on Cymbalta now, and when I go for a med check I want to go back to XR. I can't lose weight for nothing on Cymbalta even if I ride 40 miles a day on my bike, and eat 1200 calories. XR makes it so I can lose weight again. Granted I have to wean myself off Cymbalta slowly so I don't turn into a fruit loop.

J

jaybeeztoo

Serious side effects, i.e., constipation, drowsiness, low moods, etc. I was on it for a while and slept the whole time. They finally switched me to something else which works MUCH better.

I would also ask them to check your B-12. A deficiancy does cause similar symptoms of depression and can be very dangerous. I had the trill of getting injections for a year. I go next month to see if I am normal yet.

HA, me!! Normal!! :jet:

caramelalb

Is it the XR or regular? The XR is really good you need to take it once a day and it works well. When I got mine refileed they didn't give me the XR and I kept taking it like it was. It was the worse year of my life being on the wrong stuff.

I am on Cymbalta now, and when I go for a med check I want to go back to XR. I can't lose weight for nothing on Cymbalta even if I ride 40 miles a day on my bike, and eat 1200 calories. XR makes it so I can lose weight again. Granted I have to wean myself off Cymbalta slowly so I don't turn into a fruit loop.

It's the XR 75mg

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Serious side effects, i.e., constipation, drowsiness, low moods, etc. I was on it for a while and slept the whole time. They finally switched me to something else which works MUCH better.

I would also ask them to check your B-12. A deficiancy does cause similar symptoms of depression and can be very dangerous. I had the trill of getting injections for a year. I go next month to see if I am normal yet.

HA, me!! Normal!! :jet:

If you were normal you'd never make it in this crazy mixed-up world! You're fine as you are!

M

Mousebaby

Does anyone take this? I have a script and am a littlefearful of filling it.

You seriously do not want to be on this stuff! Coming off of it was shear hell! Please please ask for an alternative medication! :huggy:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady

I switched from Cymbalta to Effexor for that reason. I'm a vegetarian and trained for a marathon while one it, but somehow gained 40 lbs :confused:.

Effexor XR- so far, so good. I also take L-Tyrosine daily to help with my norepinephrine production.

J

jaybeeztoo

You seriously do not want to be on this stuff! Coming off of it was shear hell! Please please ask for an alternative medication! :huggy:

Plus, if you go on it, they have to wean you on (long process) and then wean you off (longer process). If it's not working, they can't just switch you to something else.

I did have a friend though who swore by it. She didn't stop drinking but she swore the Effexor cured her ailments. I guess it depends on the person and their chemical makeup.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I switched from Cymbalta to Effexor for that reason. I'm a vegetarian and trained for a marathon while one it, but somehow gained 40 lbs :confused:.

Effexor XR- so far, so good. I also take L-Tyrosine daily to help with my norepinephrine production.

I had no idea Cymbalta could cause you to gain weight! That might explain a few (like 20 pounds!)things for me. Guess I better go back and read some more.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
The dr's say it can make you lose weight, but I am working my tail off to lose it and it just isn't coming off no matter what I do. SO it is time to look at the medication I am taking. Also I have hearing loss in my right ear right now and I am trying to find out if the Cymbalta caused that.

YES I know eat less, move more will make you lose weight. I ride my bike during lunch on base, and eat salad. No bigmacs for me, and I still can't drop the lbs.

M

Mousebaby

Plus, if you go on it, they have to wean you on (long process) and then wean you off (longer process). If it's not working, they can't just switch you to something else.

I did have a friend though who swore by it. She didn't stop drinking but she swore the Effexor cured her ailments. I guess it depends on the person and their chemical makeup.

They did wean me off, just about everything I did made me sick to my stomach to the point of throwing up. I could just turn my head too fast and puke everywhere. Not to mention that stuff can make you suicidal too. You DO NOT want to take that crap. PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT YOU WILL REGRET IT!

JMHO! :huggy:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
They did wean me off, just about everything I did made me sick to my stomach to the point of throwing up. I could just turn my head too fast and puke everywhere. Not to mention that stuff can make you suicidal too. You DO NOT want to take that crap. PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT YOU WILL REGRET IT!

JMHO! :huggy:

Yeah..I am worse without it though. I had no vitamin deficiency other than Vitamin D

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
The dr's say it can make you lose weight, but I am working my tail off to lose it and it just isn't coming off no matter what I do. SO it is time to look at the medication I am taking. Also I have hearing loss in my right ear right now and I am trying to find out if the Cymbalta caused that.

YES I know eat less, move more will make you lose weight. I ride my bike during lunch on base, and eat salad. No bigmacs for me, and I still can't drop the lbs.

I'm dieting and exercising too and basically getting nowhere. I just started monitoring my food so I could do even better. I've never had a weight problem but it has really been jumping on the past 6 months or so.

J

jaybeeztoo

Yeah..I am worse without it though. I had no vitamin deficiency other than Vitamin D

There are other meds though without the same side effects :yay:
The only cool thing about Effexor was my doctor had tons of free samples so I didn't have to pay for the prescription :dance: