Egg on my face....

frozenrain

Yes I am trying a homemade egg mask as demonstrated by Dr Phil's wife the other day on the show.
Mix egg yolk apply to face with paint brush and then over the top apply the whisked egg white.
It was a little bit runny at first .Managed to catch drips before they fell into the dinner I was cooking.
Now it has dried and it is remarkably tight-very hard to talk. Just hope there is not a knock on the door as my face is bright yellow.:lol:
Let you know the outcome later-whether my face is brighter etc.

frozenrain

Frozen try mixing in 1 teaspoon of honey.

Hello:howdy:

Yes I have just been looking at a home facemask website and I saw honey was supposed to be very good.I will try that next time. Thanks for the tip as well.
Actually I am still waiting on the Manuka honey I ordered on line to be delivered. However I do have regular honey in my cupboard.About to make some granola with it actually.

oh my face was really tight afterwards and after I gave it a good moisturise my skin does look brighter. I must admit I have had a better result with a shop face mask but it was good.
I read that the honey gives you a glowing complexion.
Just trying to look after myself a bit more. I am not really the sort to spend much time in front of the mirror-so I must put more effort in as I get older ...

Let you know how the honey works on me. I see you can do all sorts of homemade make-up on the site-even cranberry lip gloss made out of fresh cranberries and a lip balm made with beewax and fruit juice powder.....Have to get myself some containers and get creative

punjabigyrl

Hello:howdy:

Yes I have just been looking at a home facemask website and I saw honey was supposed to be very good.I will try that next time. Thanks for the tip as well.
Actually I am still waiting on the Manuka honey I ordered on line to be delivered. However I do have regular honey in my cupboard.About to make some granola with it actually.

oh my face was really tight afterwards and after I gave it a good moisturise my skin does look brighter. I must admit I have had a better result with a shop face mask but it was good.
I read that the honey gives you a glowing complexion.
Just trying to look after myself a bit more. I am not really the sort to spend much time in front of the mirror-so I must put more effort in as I get older ...

Let you know how the honey works on me. I see you can do all sorts of homemade make-up on the site-even cranberry lip gloss made out of fresh cranberries and a lip balm made with beewax and fruit juice powder.....Have to get myself some containers and get creative

I got my manuka honey from wholefoodsmarket in Annapolis.

frozenrain

I got my manuka honey from wholefoodsmarket in Annapolis.

:yay:
How do you like it? I did ring the health food shop in Leonardtown but the lady was not sure the active number of the one they had in stock so I ordered it from the Manuka Honey USA website rather than trying to get a ride down there and it not being the right one.
Never been to wholefoods.I bet I would absolutely love it! Their stuff is right up my street I should imagine.

frozenrain

What is the difference between manuka honey and regular honey?

according to this: Benefit of Manuka Honey its like Popeye's spinach.

sorry I missed your post last night even though I posted just after you.well I guess Housecat's link provided the answer. It really is amazing stuff.

AS for the egg face mask I was just cleaning my teeth and when I looked in the mirror my face was looking really smooth,clear and bright. So the egg mask effectiveness seems to be showing much more now! I also had to use less moisturizer today.I think I may still have had a residue of egg last night so after washing today I could see the glow and tightening of pores.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
AS for the egg face mask I was just cleaning my teeth and when I looked in the mirror my face was looking really smooth,clear and bright. So the egg mask effectiveness seems to be showing much more now! I also had to use less moisturizer today.I think I may still have had a residue of egg last night so after washing today I could see the glow and tightening of pores.

Are you doing the egg mask every day? Just one egg per mask?

frozenrain

Are you doing the egg mask every day? Just one egg per mask?

:howdy: Oh no.I meant that the results were much more obvious the next day. I would probably do this once a fortnight and if I was going out somewhere nice I would do it the day before.

You just need to use one egg and I used a fan shaped paintbrush. I even had some leftover egg yolk and white .

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
:howdy: Oh no.I meant that the results were much more obvious the next day. I would probably do this once a fortnight and if I was going out somewhere nice I would do it the day before.

You just need to use one egg and I used a fan shaped paintbrush. I even had some leftover egg yolk and white .

How long did you leave the mask on for? After it completely dried or did you leave it on for a certain amount of time after it compeletly dried?

frozenrain

How long did you leave the mask on for? After it completely dried or did you leave it on for a certain amount of time after it compeletly dried?

I left it for about 15 minutes after it had dried. I was doing the dinner and stuff at the same time. I have seen suggestions for 30 min with egg facial masks-including the 10 or so minutes drying time....

LadyWolf

Yes I am trying a homemade egg mask as demonstrated by Dr Phil's wife the other day on the show.
Mix egg yolk apply to face with paint brush and then over the top apply the whisked egg white.
It was a little bit runny at first .Managed to catch drips before they fell into the dinner I was cooking.
Now it has dried and it is remarkably tight-very hard to talk. Just hope there is not a knock on the door as my face is bright yellow.:lol:
Let you know the outcome later-whether my face is brighter etc.

This gives a whole new meaning to "Egg on your face".

I used to use it w/shampoo. Supposed to be good for the hair.

whoknew

manuka

punja- wha do you take the manuka for?? how often? I have read about it and it's supposed to help with everything from reflux, h pylori, aches and pains and glowing skin and more. Have you noticed anything different since you've started taking it? Thanks.