Eggs

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Won't be too much longer and getting eggs from the Golden Goose will be cheaper.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Won't be too much longer and getting eggs from the Golden Goose will be cheaper.
Just received a check from my brother for about $190. Texted him, said thanx, that will buy a dozen eggs. He responded 'yup'.
:lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I ran across an Aldi receipt dated 4DEC2022. I bought Cage Free large eggs for $3.85.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That's what they go for when I can get to the farmers market and buy from the chicken lady.
I used to sell them as 18 packs for $5 but there seems to be a shortage on 18 pack foam cartons. The current price I see is $80 for a box of 50.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I ran across an Aldi receipt dated 4DEC2022. I bought Cage Free large eggs for $3.85.
I remember I posted this back in Dec. And just a few weeks prior, I remember paying around $1.89.

But it just shows how fast the prices rose.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I remember I posted this back in Dec. And just a few weeks prior, I remember paying around $1.89.

But it just shows how fast the prices rose.
I remember. I only bought the cage free eggs because they were out of the regular eggs that day.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
D444D5D6-3991-462E-BC86-58529A1E1F56.jpeg

Louise

Just bought a dozen large (ha, not hardly) eggs at WalMart. $5.17
Stopped shopping at Walmart years ago to honor Sam Walton. I am glad he is not here today to see Chinese products being sold, and what has happened to his company. I don’t use Amazon either.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just paid $3.29 for a dozen at Harris Teeter, store brand cage free. The rest of the egg brands were ridiculous expensive still.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm an egg person so I'll continue to buy them. Just like coffee - I'll sacrifice something else to have good coffee.
Me, too. Eggs are SO nutricious. I have egg whites, 1 slice of whole grain toast with butter for breakfast almost every day. OR if I want all the extra vitamins, I'll eat 2 eggs, 1 slice whole grain toast (Dave's thin sliced, killer crazy seeds or whatever it's called) with real butter for breakfast. (only 300 calories for 2 eggs, 1 slice toast with real butter)

I'll freeze them whole, if I need to. I just saw that hack on FB yesterday and loved it. :yay:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Walmart Customers Are In Shambles Over $27 Eggs

Naturally, this whole ordeal has people on edge. As per usual, Reddit is particularly outspoken when it comes to food products and prices, and the site's users certainly did not hold back when it came to discussing Walmart eggs.

Reddit collectively cracked when one user shared the price for a box of five dozen eggs at Walmart. According to their post, which included a price tag sticker reading, "$27.02," they could "remember buying it for $6 a couple years ago." Simply unreal. Although some Redditors were understandably stunned by the price, others jumped straight to making jokes. Several people commented that "the chickens unionized," while another person said they were grateful they had "impulse bought" their own chickens the previous summer. Someone else called the five-dozen eggs "the Gaston special."

Others were flat-out confused, saying that the same 60-count crate was selling for about $10 at their local Walmart. One Redditor questioned if the $27 crates were even selling, to which a Walmart employee replied, "We can't keep our egg shelf stocked most days at our store, so they're definitely selling well." While paying $27 for eggs may seem outlandish, that boils down to about $5.40 per dozen. That's still above the national average of $3.30, per CBS, but cheaper than the California average of $7.37 per dozen.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Me, too. Eggs are SO nutricious. I have egg whites, 1 slice of whole grain toast with butter for breakfast almost every day. OR if I want all the extra vitamins, I'll eat 2 eggs, 1 slice whole grain toast (Dave's thin sliced, killer crazy seeds or whatever it's called) with real butter for breakfast. (only 300 calories for 2 eggs, 1 slice toast with real butter)

I'll freeze them whole, if I need to. I just saw that hack on FB yesterday and loved it. :yay:

Did you know that to get the most vitamins content from eggs, is to have runny yokes? Yup. Cooking them solid reduces vitamin availability.