Eggs

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Their, eggs, companion, bacon, is now staring to be sold in 12oz packages more frequently, rather that the ubiquitous 16oz/1lb package. I'd say better than a third of bacon being sold now is in 12oz packs. In the future, I see the elimination of 16oz packs altogether. With the price still increasing the smaller they go.

jrt_ms1995

Their, eggs, companion, bacon, is now staring to be sold in 12oz packages more frequently, rather that the ubiquitous 16oz/1lb package. I'd say better than a third of bacon being sold now is in 12oz packs. In the future, I see the elimination of 16oz packs altogether. With the price still increasing the smaller they go.
Starting? I have seen a 16-oz pack of bacon in years!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Thank-you Joe Biden. :yahoo:
Say what?

19892322.jpg

Clem72

Looks like eggs back to normal, just paid $2.32 at a Kroger for a doz jumbo.
Hunh, just commented on Thursday or Friday that Food Lion had more eggs than I have ever seen in my life and still wanted $5 a dozen. Either there was no shortage, or no one was willing to pay those prices so they should have come down.

Clem72

Well this simply cannot be.

The top economic minds here tell me that prices *never* come back down once they’ve gone up.
Don't play stupid, even if you got the looks for it. Prices for things almost anyone can supply will generally equalize. Just like prices for things with only one source will generally only increase.

HemiHauler

Don't play stupid, even if you got the looks for it. Prices for things almost anyone can supply will generally equalize. Just like prices for things with only one source will generally only increase.

Thanks, dude. I appreciate you.

The reality is that in an economy based on perpetual growth, everything is rising. Always. The question is that rate of change in line with what the central planners of our economy have in mind and what levers they need to actuate and how much pain there will be for consumers. 👍🏼

LightRoasted

If I may ...

The reality is that in an economy based on perpetual growth, everything is rising. Always. The question is that rate of change in line with what the central planners of our economy have in mind and what levers they need to actuate and how much pain profit there will be for the consumers planners.👍🏼

FIFY

PeoplesElbow

The reality is that in an economy based on perpetual growth, everything is rising. Always. The question is that rate of change in line with what the central planners of our economy have in mind and what levers they need to actuate and how much pain there will be for consumers. 👍🏼
Not everything, there are things now that cost less than ever before, there are things that are the same price they have been my whole adult life, most are more though.

HemiHauler

FIFY
I agree. In this case, it’s not a zero sum game.
Not everything, there are things now that cost less than ever before, there are things that are the same price they have been my whole adult life, most are more though.

Of course you are right. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Many products are still benefitting from economies of scale, and automaton reducing the cost of manufacturing and bringing to market.

But since the value of the dollar is constantly shrinking (due to more and more in circulation), real prices are always increasing, despite any anomalies in nominal prices one may find.