Ehlers-Danlos syndrom

doubtfull24

Hi, I have a relative suffering from this disorder and was trying to pass on this petition. If you could spare a few minutes and sign it, it would be greatly appreciated. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) is a group of connective tissue disorders that affects an estimated 1 in 5,000 people, though its prevalence is not fully understood. While some EDS patients function well, others are extremely debilitated by the condition. In addition to causing extreme chronic pain due to joint hypermobility, it can also significantly negatively impact circulation, digestion, the skin, the reproductive organs, the heart, and so much more doctors are only beginning to understand.

Most EDS patients' disability claims are denied multiple times over a period of 2 or 3 years, and they often have to hire a lawyer. Listing EDS in the disability Blue Book will hopefully help ease the process of filing a disability claim, especially for those who've been out of work for some time.Thank you!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/list-ehlers-danlos-syndrome-blue-book-condition-qualifying-ssdi-andor-ssi/d6nPd88n

inkah

The petition expired because not enough signatures were collected. I am surprised that this isn't considered a disability. The condition can be horrible. I hope your relative is well.

Christy

b*tch rocket
My daughter was diagnosed with Ehler's Danlos, so please don't be offended when I say that I don't think it should be a "disability". I see so many people who suffer from much greater maladies out there working. You may not be able to be a firefighter or a lineman, but you can certainly do SOMETHING. If a blind person can work, so can someone with EDS, if a parapalegic can work, so can someone with EDS. JMHO. :shrug: