Ehrlich Campaigning

rraley

A couple of week ago Governor Ehrlich held a fundraiser for congressional candidate Brad Jewitt where he criticized Rep. Steny Hoyer for not being in the 5th district too much because he was campaigning across the nation for other congressional candidates. Well, Governor Ehrlich has pulled a "Steny" himself and has agreed to leave the state in October to campaign for President Bush. Lt. Governor Steele meanwhile has already traveled across the nation with the president to campaign. Am I completely off here, but does this seem hypocritical on Governor Ehrlich's part?

Steve

Enjoying life!
How many times has Ehrlich left the state to campaign as compared with Hoyer? :shrug:

Steve

Enjoying life!
I guess we'll close this thread. No stats to analyse; no one seems to think there is hypocrisy on Ehrlich's part. Case closed rraley...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Not unusual, rraley. Politicians do all the things they criticize their opponents for doing. Especially during an election season. They'd sell their own grandmothers into slavery if it meant getting elected or re-elected.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by rraley
A couple of week ago Governor Ehrlich held a fundraiser for congressional candidate Brad Jewitt where he criticized Rep. Steny Hoyer for not being in the 5th district too much because he was campaigning across the nation for other congressional candidates. Well, Governor Ehrlich has pulled a "Steny" himself and has agreed to leave the state in October to campaign for President Bush. Lt. Governor Steele meanwhile has already traveled across the nation with the president to campaign. Am I completely off here, but does this seem hypocritical on Governor Ehrlich's part?

Do you honestly think taking a stab and Ehrlich is going to make him lose his next election? He is out anyway, it isn’t going to matter what he does at this point. He was the lesser of the 2 evils running for Governor in Maryland and coming in after Governor Glendening hasn't made him many friends. He has had to make serious cuts in public services and employees in order to stay ahead.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: Ehrlich Campaigning

Originally posted by IM4Change
Do you honestly think taking a stab and Ehrlich is going to make him lose his next election? He is out anyway, it isn’t going to matter what he does at this point. He was the lesser of the 2 evils running for Governor in Maryland and coming in after Governor Glendening hasn't made him many friends. He has had to make serious cuts in public services and employees in order to stay ahead.

Do you really think he'll get the boot? I voted for him because Townsend was surely not to get my vote. If the dems come up with a strong candidate they could take it. However, I haven't really heard much in the news about Ehrlich. When I don't hear much news about a politician it usually means a good thing.