Either way, it'll happen... think not??

GregV814

Mount Rushmore

Through "activist" actions, natural rockslides, government condemnation, I see it crumbling to the ground. Just a matter of time.

limblips

PREMO Member
Mount Rushmore

Through "activist" actions, natural rockslides, government condemnation, I see it crumbling to the ground. Just a matter of time.
Well, let's look at this from a liberals point of view. It is built on land claimed by the Native Americans, it was built to promote tourism by highlighting western expansion, two of the four faces were slave owners, and no minorities are represented. This is a perfect storm of wokeness. I am surprised it still stands.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My wife still tweaks me about Mount Rushmore, drove up there when we were visiting friends at Ellsworth AFB in July 1988.
When we walked out on the terrace and looked across the valley, my comment; "That's it?"
She still berates me for not wanting to go into the visitor's center. I was tired and the drive back to Offutt AFB, NE was long.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Washington, Jefferson, and Lincoln are crying.

0728241430a~2.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From pictures I had seen when growing up, the monument looked huge. Like, really huge. Then I started seeing some "real world" photos, and realized it wasn't nearly as big as I thought.

I was amazed. Even after seeing it up close and personal, every time I'd catch a glimpse through the trees I'd catch my breath. Majestic and magnificent. :yay:

NOTSMC

I was amazed. Even after seeing it up close and personal, every time I'd catch a glimpse through the trees I'd catch my breath. Majestic and magnificent. :yay:
That's exactly what I saw and how I've described it. Even the drive up was stunning. Between the skies, the white clouds and the monument itself, it leaves you in awe. To me, that monument is as American as the statue of liberty, the Lincoln memorial, etc etc. It still astonishes me that something like that could actually be accomplished and simply amazing when you see it in person.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
That's exactly what I saw and how I've described it. Even the drive up was stunning. Between the skies, the white clouds and the monument itself, it leaves you in awe. To me, that monument is as American as the statue of liberty, the Lincoln memorial, etc etc. It still astonishes me that something like that could actually be accomplished and simply amazing when you see it in person.
Hired over 400 men to build, and zero deaths. Amazing.