Elderly Fla. Man Accidentally Shoots Wife

rack'm

Jaded
POSTED: 7:02 am EST December 22, 2005

DESTIN, Fla. -- Authorities said an 83-year-old Destin man accidentally shot his wife.

Helen Stanfa, also 83, remained in serious condition in a Pensacola hospital Thursday.

Officials with the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said Joseph Stanfa was taking a 44 magnum revolver out of a box when he inadvertently pulled the trigger.

His wife was standing nearby and was hit in the chest.

No charges will be filed.

She's a lucky lady

willie

Unless it was already cocked, it's going to take some noticeable effort to pull that trigger. He was trying to off the old lady.

Mikeinsmd

Looks like another tard joined the boards!! :killingme

(gray) Elderly Fla. Man Accide... 12-22-2005 11:55 AM BANG!!!...took me 3 seconds to shot you

rack'm

Jaded
willie said:
Unless it was already cocked, it's going to take some noticeable effort to pull that trigger. He was trying to off the old lady.

Yea, unless he's had trigger work done, it would take a few pounds to pull the trigger. My Super Redhawk takes about 2 lbs of pull.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Single or double action? If it's a RedHawk doesn't that mean he had to pull the hammer back first, BEFORE he could pull the trigger?

rack'm

Jaded
itsbob said:
Single or double action? If it's a RedHawk doesn't that mean he had to pull the hammer back first, BEFORE he could pull the trigger?

No, Blackhawks are single action, Redhawks are double action.

Double action it's 2 lbs, single action it's a LOT less. :lol:

Last edited: