Electrician needed

tuffenuff2

We are getting a new air conditioner/heatpump installed and need the breaker swapped out for a 25 amp double pole. Any recommendations?

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
We've always used JEM electric. Martin is the owner. fast response and reasonable charges. 301-866-9155

RodRugg

My grandma HATES robots, computers, etc., but when she saw a commercial for HotPockets she prayed a long time about it and decided to get a microwave oven. At first, things went pretty good and she fixed HotPockets everyday for about 6 months. Then my uncle Stanley tried to boil water in there for his frostbite and he used a metal pot and that microwave started sparking and zapping stuff up and making horrible noises. Eventually that microwave just zapped out and my grandma's fuse box started smoking and glowing red. Anyways my grandma was furious and she knew that she did the wrong thing to get that microwave because cooking with waves and not fire is of the devil. She called Whisper Simms Electrical and told the guy what happened and he came and installed a whole new box with switches instead of fuses and replaced some of the wires that got melted. He said it was real easy to do damage with a microwave because they weren't originally made for cooking but for killing Germans in World War 2. My grandma said she knew it was the work of the devil and now she only makes HotPockets once or twice a week over the trash barrel out back.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My grandma HATES robots, computers, etc., but when she saw a commercial for HotPockets she prayed a long time about it and decided to get a microwave oven. At first, things went pretty good and she fixed HotPockets everyday for about 6 months. Then my uncle Stanley tried to boil water in there for his frostbite and he used a metal pot and that microwave started sparking and zapping stuff up and making horrible noises. Eventually that microwave just zapped out and my grandma's fuse box started smoking and glowing red. Anyways my grandma was furious and she knew that she did the wrong thing to get that microwave because cooking with waves and not fire is of the devil. She called Whisper Simms Electrical and told the guy what happened and he came and installed a whole new box with switches instead of fuses and replaced some of the wires that got melted. He said it was real easy to do damage with a microwave because they weren't originally made for cooking but for killing Germans in World War 2. My grandma said she knew it was the work of the devil and now she only makes HotPockets once or twice a week over the trash barrel out back.

:roflmao:

Is the wire that is already in-place adequate for an upsized breaker (assume you're going larger rather than smaller)? Generally, if a breaker is in place, the wire is sized for the breaker and load. Increasing the breaker size and not the wire may lead to problems.

Anyway, simply replacing a breaker is a 5 minute job for anyone that has done them. No friends or family nearby that can handle it?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Why doesnt the HVAC contractor bring in his licensed sparkchaser to have this done the right way ?

That is what I was wondering.

And, Rod Rugg is hilarious. He was before my time, here. He is a hoot! I am glad he came back. Too funny! Thanks, Rod!

Last edited:

tuffenuff2

When we got the quote the hvac guy said we needed it done and that we had to get an electrician in. He didn't offer anyone from his company.

Chris0nllyn

It's an incredibly simple job if you feel up to the task. Watch a YouTube video, get a breaker, turn off main, connect wire to breaker, snap on the breaker to the panel, turn on main. Done (maybe have to reset a few clocks).

As long as you have #12 wire, you're fine.

RodRugg

I asked my grandma last night and she said yes that's exactly what happened and it got fixed by Whisper Simms Electrical. She said the guy's name was Ben and she could barely hear a word he said on the phone but then when he got to the house his voice was so loud the neighbor came over to make sure everything was ok. She said he talked a lot too, the whole time he was there, and he used his hands to talk a lot too and tools and wires and stuff were constantly flying around while he was talking and his voice was like bull horn full of time bombs. She said he was always loud but some words like "FOOT" and "POTHOLDER" and "FOOTLOOSE" and "THE" he said much louder than others almost like it hurt real bad to say them. She hated it the whole time he was there and she said she almost killed him once when he kept hitting the counter with a screwdriver while he was describing how the first space monkey nearly burned up on reentry and once when he was talking about how his cousin was an extra in that movie Footloose. My grandma didn't sleep for three days after he left but she was real glad she got her electrical fixed. She says that one day she will call him to come put an outlet in her bedroom so she don't have to go all the way out to the garage to sharpen her knitting needles.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I asked my grandma last night and she said yes that's exactly what happened and it got fixed by Whisper Simms Electrical. She said the guy's name was Ben and she could barely hear a word he said on the phone but then when he got to the house his voice was so loud the neighbor came over to make sure everything was ok. She said he talked a lot too, the whole time he was there, and he used his hands to talk a lot too and tools and wires and stuff were constantly flying around while he was talking and his voice was like bull horn full of time bombs. She said he was always loud but some words like "FOOT" and "POTHOLDER" and "FOOTLOOSE" and "THE" he said much louder than others almost like it hurt real bad to say them. She hated it the whole time he was there and she said she almost killed him once when he kept hitting the counter with a screwdriver while he was describing how the first space monkey nearly burned up on reentry and once when he was talking about how his cousin was an extra in that movie Footloose. My grandma didn't sleep for three days after he left but she was real glad she got her electrical fixed. She says that one day she will call him to come put an outlet in her bedroom so she don't have to go all the way out to the garage to sharpen her knitting needles.

:lmao:

black dog

Free America
It's an incredibly simple job if you feel up to the task. Watch a YouTube video, get a breaker, turn off main, connect wire to breaker, snap on the breaker to the panel, turn on main. Done (maybe have to reset a few clocks).

As long as you have #12 wire, you're fine.

I believe it should be 10 ga with a 25 amp breaker

somers

Try to ask at your friends or neighbors and don't look at phone book. Once I was looking for a reputable and professional electrician to do a small job (electric shower). I took the first electrician I found in the phone book and I get into the scam organisation. It was HORRIBLE company. Recently one of my friends gave me this platform https://bates-electric.com/locations/louisville-ky/. You can take look there for a good electrician.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Found one...