Elijah Cummings is going to be PO'd!

limblips

PREMO Member

"It also urged its citizens to avoid cities with high rates of crime, such as Detroit, Baltimore, and Albuquerque."

He'll probably blame Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: BOP

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

"Most of the volunteers don't live in this neighborhood."

Meanwhile all the little piggies who made the mess stood on the corners and watched.

Clean up a little piggies mess and it will be a pigsty again in a few days. Teach the little piggies to clean up their own mess and it will be clean for life.

I just don't get people who think fixing things for other people who don't care or giving away money is ever going to fix any problems. You have to get to the root of the problem.

Someone needs to take a camera back there in 3-6 months.

I'd also like to see a follow up in 6 months.

Reactions: BOP
Teach the little piggies to clean up their own mess and it will be clean for life.
Nah. They'll do it once, say it's too much like work, too dirty, beneath me.... and it will look bad again in no time at all.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
This topic really has me fired up :)

Over the years, I've read about so many inner city projects (NYC, Chicago, LA) where local organizers put together cleanups for and by the people. Any many others where local organizers got the city to donate vacant lots they turned into community gardens for and by the people. At the very least, the city councilmen should be out trying to organize these grass root community building efforts. Provide city assistance for the big tasks.

It is also worth noting that the volunteers in this case were conservative. Liberals are too busy bitching and calling conservatives racists. Here's how the Democrats would go about solving this problem:
  1. Send a few million $ from the federal coffers to Baltimore City Coffers
  2. Baltimore would spend a few months and several hundred thousand dollars studying the problem
  3. They would task the work out to some contractors who are paying kickbacks to their councilmen.
  4. Some money would disappear into a black hole.
  5. The cleanup would eventually get done with no community involvement.
  6. The Councilmen and Cummings would get the cameras in there and grandstand and pat each other on the back.
  7. Everything would be back to the way it was within 6 months.
1-7 Nailed it! :yay: