Elijah Cummings - RIP

awpitt

Main Streeter
I don't like it that just his district will get to vote.
Why would you expect it to be otherwise? Do you not understand that members of the House of Representatives are elected from their districts?

Gosh. That's like basic Civics 1010.

transporter

Not me. I don't think someone deserves respect just because they die. Cummings was a corrupt grifter and he died a corrupt grifter. Not my fault, I'm just calling things what they are.
You truly are a POS, spitbubble.

You piss, moan, cry and whine about how disrespectful others are. You piss, moan, cry and whine about how this is a "community forum"....

Then you post crap like the above.

If you don't have anything good to say about the man, STFU. It isn't difficult. Just STFU.

glhs837

Power with Control
They'll appoint someone just like him to fill his seat, then elect someone just like him to replace him permanently. No change for MD.

Weren't he and the wife knee-deep in corruption and graft, and in some trouble? Guess that'll have to be dropped now that he's a saint.

Yeah, she ran two organizations, a non-profit think tank and a for profit consultancy. Both out of the house they shared. The Charity was in charge of selecting a consultant to work a govt program. Oddly enough, her non-profit chose her for-profit consultancy to do $1 million worth of work. (sorry, my shocked face is broken due to overuse)

https://ijr.com/docs-reveal-elijah-cummings-wife-over-250k-overlapping-business/

black dog

Free America
PREMO Member
You truly are a POS, spitbubble.

You piss, moan, cry and whine about how disrespectful others are. You piss, moan, cry and whine about how this is a "community forum"....

Then you post crap like the above.

If you don't have anything good to say about the man, STFU. It isn't difficult. Just STFU.
Is there actually anything good that one could say about Cummings?

Other than he's dead......

BOP

As I say, I see that as a failure of the school system (if we want to blame government) and the parents/individuals (if we want to go with reality), not a conundrum.
You see it that way; leftists see parental involvement as a problem.

ginwoman

Only 68? Wow he was only 8 years older than I am. Just from looking at him, I was sure he was at least 78.

His soul is out of my hands and above my pay grade, but in his time here on earth he sure didn't serve his constituents of Baltimore very well.
I thought he was a lot older as well

glhs837

Power with Control
You see it that way; leftists see parental involvement as a problem.
I learned that as soon as my second PTSO meeting back around 2000 or so. Seeing how inputs from the PTSO were handled and it was reinforced when I wanted to seriously discuss TERC, and was basically told that parental input of any kind was desired. Always knew it was my job to supplement my childs education, that brought home exactly how much work I needed to do.