Elizabeth Warren counts on her supporters being stupid

SamSpade

Again. That’s a lie. They approved funding for repairing infrastructure , surveillance and other forms of deterrents like fencing.
When you continue to lie about things like that it brings everything else you say into question.

Their approval was a joke, a pittance. It was MEANT to mock.
Don't make me laugh with "fencing" and repairs to fences and claim a wall is ineffective. Po-TAY-to, Po-TAH-to.
You can't dismiss a wall and call a fence a deterrent.

They wanted a nickel on the dollar for a proposal they previously wanted.
If your boss docked YOU 95% of your pay, you'd call it nothing, too. What they wanted was minimal, and it was all political - their current loudest cadre of supporters want NO security, NO ICE, no borders.

Walls don't work because they are impenetrable. They work because they slow you down.
You can scale the wall of the inside of a prison. But you won't survive the attempt.
The Berlin Wall in most parts was about eight inches of cheap concrete.
THAT is why they work. They impede the flow long enough for manpower to intervene. Something the Dems don't want.

Stjohns3269

Their approval was a joke, a pittance. It was MEANT to mock.
Don't make me laugh with "fencing" and repairs to fences and claim a wall is ineffective. Po-TAY-to, Po-TAH-to.
You can't dismiss a wall and call a fence a deterrent.

They wanted a nickel on the dollar for a proposal they previously wanted.
If your boss docked YOU 95% of your pay, you'd call it nothing, too. What they wanted was minimal, and it was all political - their current loudest cadre of supporters want NO security, NO ICE, no borders.

Walls don't work because they are impenetrable. They work because they slow you down.
You can scale the wall of the inside of a prison. But you won't survive the attempt.
The Berlin Wall in most parts was about eight inches of cheap concrete.
THAT is why they work. They impede the flow long enough for manpower to intervene. Something the Dems don't want.

None of that has anything to do with the fact that you are deliberately pushing a false narrative.
No one changed anything because of Trump except Trump. No one ever agreed to build a wall along the entire border as you are suggesting.

Americans when polled overwhelmingly don’t want to waste money on a wall.

it’s not going to change anything.

SamSpade

Again. That’s a lie. They approved funding for repairing infrastructure , surveillance and other forms of deterrents like fencing.
When you continue to lie about things like that it brings everything else you say into question.

Actually upon a re-read, it occurs to me the "again that's a lie" can't possibly refer to anything. You're just repeating yourself, because you don't have anything to say.

gemma_rae

If that person would post an article, an idea or anything that fosters discussion it would be great. But I see lots of people on here who just hurl insults and no one does anything about it. I keep hearing about all these MPD’s that get blocked but I can’t imagine what they must have done if this kind of behavior is allowed to go unchecked.
To who? You? Oh Bumbles of bloviation, Great Wizard of Wackedry, Abscess of Absurdity and Saint of the Stupidtry, if I had a missile made of diamond and a silo to shoot it from, point blank at your cranial wasteland, it would penetrate but skin deep into your dome of delusionality.

Now go suck an Egg.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was merely pointing out your lie that they somehow only decided not to do something because of Trump.

Ah No YOU ARE The Liar ....

Under Obama Congress voted for 5 billion IIRC for the Border, Trump wanted the same - suddenly Democrats are falling all over themselves in opposition

First you say Democrats had previously provided billions for the wall then changed their minds once they knew Trump wanted it which is clearly untrue.

PROVE IT LIAR

Stjohns3269

Ah No YOU ARE The Liar ....

Under Obama Congress voted for 5 billion IIRC for the Border, Trump wanted the same - suddenly Democrats are falling all over themselves in opposition

PROVE IT LIAR

You've offered nothing other than the same tired lies as Sam Spade.

The Dems offered funding for inscreased security, surveillance and repairing of existing infrastructure.

It’s really hard to take you seriously when you insist on lying.

This_person

I’ve already explained the differences repeatedly.
If by "repeatedly" you mean "not even once", we agree.

Specifically, what were the differences in the fencing of the Secure Fence Act and the fencing requested by the Trump administration? How are they different, specifically?

For example, did the Secure Fence Act's "specifications" page, that shows specifically what that fencing was, have differences in height? Countermeasures? Material of construction?

You're telling us unequivocally they are different, but you can't say how. Now, any sane and reasonable person knows WHY you can't say how they're different, but I want to know if YOU know that they're not, since there was no "specifications" page, nor did Trump have a specification that he sought, and therefore they were all voting for the same thing with Trump as they did in 2006. Do you know that yet, or are you sticking to your lie that you've been told and never researched?

This_person

You've offered nothing other than the same tired lies as Sam Spade.

The Dems offered funding for inscreased security, surveillance and repairing of existing infrastructure.

It’s really hard to take you seriously when you insist on lying.
The Dems voted for the Secure Fence Act of 2006.

You need to stop trusting your handlers, and do some research of your own.

Pete

Repete

So...a couple of things:

Presidents don't amend the Constitution; Congress does that. And it's a long arduous process, not something she can personally accomplish ever, let alone in four years.

Do you suppose Fauxcahontas doesn't understand what Senators do, despite having been one for almost 7 years? Or is she just counting on the ignorance of her mindless support base?

You really need to ask this?

Pete

Repete
Simply for equality....

Doesn't the majority of people on here (OP included) constantly defend some of the things Conservative/Republican candidates "promise" as being "the typical campaign promise that any idiot would know is not going to happen?"

Why point this out when you already know it is just an empty campaign promise?
Guilty. Until Trump, that ****er is actually doing it.

rmorse

To who? You? Oh Bumbles of bloviation, Great Wizard of Wackedry, Abscess of Absurdity and Saint of the Stupidtry, if I had a missile made of diamond and a silo to shoot it from, point blank at your cranial wasteland, it would penetrate but skin deep into your dome of delusionality.

Now go suck an Egg.

This is so poetic.