Emerald Trash Heap - A Fine City Ruin On Progressivism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Over the past few years, Seattle has become a dumping ground for millions of pounds of garbage, needles, feces, and biohazardous waste, largely emanating from the hundreds of homeless encampments that have sprouted across the city. Now, the Emerald City is on the verge of a full-blown public-health crisis. Last year saw a 400 percent increase in HIV infections among mostly homeless addicts and prostitutes in the city’s northern corridor. Public-health officials are sounding the alarms about the return of diseases like typhus, tuberculosis, and trench fever. Even the region’s famed mussels and clams have tested positive for opioids.

[cli[]

Last year, despite overwhelming evidence that homeless encampments were generating enormous quantities of garbage, the city council considered making it illegal for non-homeless Seattle residents to dump trash in the encampments. Local politicians are so committed to representing the homeless as victims that they’ve invented a new crime: middle-class residents “framing” the homeless by dumping garbage in their camps. Unfortunately for activists and their city-government enablers, it’s becoming harder to explain away the thousands of tons of garbage, needles, tents, and feces that blanket much of the city.

https://www.city-journal.org/seattle-trash-crisis

glhs837

Power with Control
Damnit. Last time I strolled Seattle, it was getting there. 2011, 2012? Seemed to be a lot of homeless young hippies roaming about, guess it's gotten a lot worse.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Damnit. Last time I strolled Seattle, it was getting there. 2011, 2012? Seemed to be a lot of homeless young hippies roaming about, guess it's gotten a lot worse.

San Francisco used to be a great city, too.

And Detroit.

And St. Louis.

And Baltimore.

And Chicago.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I was there working a lot in the 2002-2005 time frame and the dramatic deterioration was not evident yet. Had an Uncle that lived on Mercer Island for 40 years or more but he passed on in 2008.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron