Emissions testing

Toxick

Splat
I'm due for an emissions test. Again.

I have OnStar and they send me a diagnosic report (which includes am emissions report) every month. Can I use that as my test or do I have to go to the test station and shell out money.

(Since im fairly certain this is nothing but a money making operation for the People's Republic of Maryland I'm pretty sure I know the answer)

GregV814

Its a road tax. That's it plain and simple.. Do large dump trucks and coal burner diesel trucks have emissions?? NO. Do vehicles in St Mary's have emissions? NO. Vehicles inspections are mainly a in the baltimore washington corridor and mean nothing and do nothing.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Its a road tax. That's it plain and simple.. Do large dump trucks and coal burner diesel trucks have emissions?? NO. Do vehicles in St Mary's have emissions? NO. Vehicles inspections are mainly a in the baltimore washington corridor and mean nothing and do nothing.
I will say this, I miss the regular inspections in PA and NJ.
NJ used state centers, so they were not supposed to jack you for stupid stuff.
A good mechanic in PA wouldn't jack you either, but you had to find one and then keep it a secret :)
Here, inspection is just a form of rip off. It's a freaking joke. Move here with a recently inspected car and I'm told, well our inspection requirements are more stringent. No, your inspection system is nothing but graft and corrupt. One time and then you see pieces of crap on the road.
Ditto the emission, It's going to come to the entire state sooner or later. Everybody gets a cut of the pie. State and the mechanics.
But as you say, the black smoke belchers are exempt.

officeguy

I have used the kiosk. I believe that's for 2006 and newer. If everything works, it's $10 and 15 minutes of your time.

glhs837

Power with Control
Emissions testing requirements are levied on the states based on EPA air quality testing results. Since northern Calvert has enough air pollution, it triggers a emissions testing requirement. Occasionally some bright light in Annapolis floats adding emissions to every county, but thats been held off so far.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Emissions testing requirements are levied on the states based on EPA air quality testing results. Since northern Calvert has enough air pollution, it triggers a emissions testing requirement. Occasionally some bright light in Annapolis floats adding emissions to every county, but thats been held off so far.
I thought it was trigger by population density and that Northern Calvert was in proximity to PG and DC.

nutz

Welfare to work program.