EMPG for a Ford F350

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Does anyone know where I can find this info. I've searched and can't find the estimated MPG for the v-10 or the diesel. :ohwell:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Pete said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking since Ford isn't being very forthcoming about it. B went to the dealership yesterday and they told him they didn't have that data but that the v-10 was comperable to the diesel. I don't see how that's possible. His dad has a 2004 F250 diesel and it gets about 18mpg. That's decent for a big truck. I don't believe in any way that a 350 v-10 gets that.

Ponytail

DEFINITELY go with the diesel.

one of the guys at work at pax has the V10, and he wishes now that he spent the extra cash on the diesel. Where you see the difference is in towing or with the bed loaded. The V10 mpg takes a nose dive where the diesel doesn't show much difference.

Also, in resale. generally speaking you'll get $5000-$7000 more on re-sale or trade in than with ANY other gas engine. $5,000-$7,000 is the difference spent when you buy one though too. Save some money and buy used! (if you haven't already considered it). I got an awesome deal on mine. Less than 2 years old, 20,000 miles, leather and loaded, for $12,000 less than had I bought it new.

I have the diesel, and I have no regrets. I love it.

Ponytail

appyday said:
I have a gas 454 crew cab dually 1 ton I get 8MPG

I have a friend that has a Diesel F 350 4 X 4 and she gets like 6 MPG

Her sister has one too not a 4 X 4 and she getd double that...

I'm getting 13.5 mpg around town up here in Canada. But I got 18mpg on the trip up to here but we were also averaging 80mph. I never got less than 16 driving it around PAX. And when I towed my jeep (approx 5000 lbs on a 2000lb trailer) doing 75-80mph to the Poconos, I got 16mpg. You'll NEVER see fuel mileage like that in a gas powered truck.

The newer diesels get MUCH better fuel mileage and power than the older ones.

B

Bruzilla

I can empathize with the Ford guys you talked to. The F-350 trucks are exempt from federal milage standards, so there's no data about milage on the vehicle info sheets.