Endless Caverns

saddlemount

Mudslinger
So we took our inaugural trip of the season last weekend, pulling our travel trailer to Endless Caverns in New Market, VA. I had seen the sign for it last year - before our country turned upside down - while driving south on I-81 on our way to visit the in-laws, and checked it out online a few days later. The reviews and pictures I came across seemed fairly positive plus it's only about 3 hours away, so we packed up and headed West on I-66 last Friday.

While
the Shenandoah area is beautiful, the campground was a disappointment. Their biggest attraction is the cave itself, but it was closed supposedly due to the virus (nearby Shenandoah Caverns and Luray were both open). Worse, even the campground store and pool were closed! And although the website mentions Internet and WiFi, they were non-existent. No cable hookup either, and no TV signal. The grounds were sorely in need of maintenance as well, with noticeable signs of decay.

On the positive side, we had water, electric, and sewer hookup. The natural beauty of the area is wonderful. We cooked wonderful meals, had nice happy hours, took lots of walks, and drove to Shenandoah Caverns for their tour - which was GREAT. Hopefully ownership of the Endless Caverns Campground will make an investment to spruce things up; it would be a shame to let so much potential go to waste. I'm not sorry we went, but I doubt we ever go again.

saddlemount

Mudslinger
Looks like you pretty much had the place to yourselves. That's a bonus!
Friday and Saturday were actually pretty busy. I'd say maybe 70% full. When I made our reservation I chose a site all the way at the end of a loop, which after I got there I found out was at the highest point of entire campground. So we were bordering the woods on two sides which you see in the picture. If you just want to get away and experience nature this place is fine, but my wife and I are in our 60's now and we've transitioned from tent to popup to travel trailer; i.e., we like our creature comforts!