Enterprise Renewal?

I’m trying to support my hometown paper and all, but I swear- they’re making it damn near impossible.

Got two different renewal notices 15 days apart with two different May expiration dates (when it should expire in August) and two different yearly subscription rates...the last of which was $79.95. Has anyone experienced something similar?

I keep thinking there has to be a mixup of some sort, but I can’t get anyone to return my calls.

DaSDGuy

Stopped renewing when they failed to deliver for 6 months and refused to give any credit for the missed issues. Yes, we called. Over and over and over and over and over and over again. All we got was "we will contact your delivery person". Never resolved the issue and we haven't wasted our money since.

PeoplesElbow

Stopped renewing when they failed to deliver for 6 months and refused to give any credit for the missed issues. Yes, we called. Over and over and over and over and over and over again. All we got was "we will contact your delivery person". Never resolved the issue and we haven't wasted our money since.
I may have been getting your paper, two years after cancelling I kept getting it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
USPS?

awpitt

Main Streeter
I’m trying to support my hometown paper and all, but I swear- they’re making it damn near impossible.

Got two different renewal notices 15 days apart with two different May expiration dates (when it should expire in August) and two different yearly subscription rates...the last of which was $79.95. Has anyone experienced something similar?

I keep thinking there has to be a mixup of some sort, but I can’t get anyone to return my calls.

Did you call them?

mdff21

The Recorder in Calvert went up also. Not renewing, the price goes up and there is not a lot of news, lots of ads though.

I tried contacting them a few weeks ago to sign up for newspaper delivery and finally got ahold of someone via their website and the lady told me to sign up online. Unfortunately that was for online access only. I gave up ! I guess they don't want my money.

frequentflier

happy to be living
The Recorder in Calvert went up also. Not renewing, the price goes up and there is not a lot of news, lots of ads though.
We got the Recorder for many years and in fact, I did a great deal of advertising with them. Then, it became thin and had very little local news.
Adios!

Did you call them?
Several times, on several numbers for several weeks and wasn’t able to speak with a human until this past Tuesday. A very nice young lady who was helping out because ”the call center is understaffed”.

She took all of my information and said she would have Jamie, the Manager call me tomorrow when she got in, around noon.

Jamie appears to be running a ‘lil late.

A price increase is understandable. It went from $44 to $52 in two years, and I get it. The cost of doing business, etc.

What isn’t understandable is the discrepancy in the expiration dates and the increase from $52 to $80 between the renewal notices.

I already know I’m cancelling my subscription because of this. My dilemma is that I buy a gift subscription for a senior citizen each year for her birthday (which is why I know it should expire in August). I know she looks forward to reading it each week and would hate to disappoint her but I don’t know that they’re leaving me with too many options

jrt_ms1995

I was routinely receiving e-mails as our subscription was ending, all of which asked me to renew online. I gave up on online renewal 3-4 months ago; whenever I would attempt to login with my e-mail address I was advised there was no account for that address, then when I'd attempt to create an account their system would advise an account already existed. Three weeks ago they actually called the house (and, surprisingly, we answered) and spoke with my wife. She advised we did want to renew and was told we'd begin receiving the paper soon. Still no paper, nor bill, to date.
🤷

I was routinely receiving e-mails as our subscription was ending, all of which asked me to renew online. I gave up on online renewal 3-4 months ago; whenever I would attempt to login with my e-mail address I was advised there was no account for that address, then when I'd attempt to create an account their system would advise an account already existed. Three weeks ago they actually called the house (and, surprisingly, we answered) and spoke with my wife. She advised we did want to renew and was told we'd begin receiving the paper soon. Still no paper, nor bill, to date.
🤷
If anyone has any contacts, they really should share this information with them. It truly is a s* show 😕

BernieP

Resident PIA
Just go online to any of the SoMD radio stations and stream the news from them.
Same stale news you will get from the Emptyprise.
For crime reports, go to the forum here. More up to date.
Seemed to me it was a waste of paper when most of it was written as a press release by the subject.