Entire Redskins team nominated for award!

angelbaby

The Redskins are nominated...

The entire Redskins team is one of five finalists for the Halas Award given each year by the Pro Football Writers of America for courage and perseverance in overcoming obstacles. The Redskins were recognized for their 4-1 run to the playoffs after the shooting death of Pro Bowl safety Sean Taylor in November.

The other nominees for the Halas are Buffalo Bills tight end Kevin Everett, Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Ellis and receiver Plaxico Burress and quarterback Eli Manning of the New York Giants.

I can't recall an entire team being nominated before this. I believe the award will go either to the Redskins or to Everett, who's walking again after being paralyzed in last season's opener. Ironically, Taylor and Everett were teammates at the University of Miami.

:clap: GO SKINS!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ironically, Taylor and Everett were teammates at the University of Miami.

:clap: GO SKINS!
I didn't know that.

I think it will go to Everett. It's such a heart-warming miracle of a story. It's not as happy-go-lucky hearing about the death of a star player over and over.

angelbaby

I think Everett will get it too. He does have an amazing story. It would be nice to see the skins get it but I dont think they will.