Equestrian Colleges Neer By

Duckz

Are you looking for a college with a degree in equine studies? Or do you just want a college with an equestrian team?

C

campinmutt

I went to salem college in salem WV...it is now salem university .they have a new equestrian facility .offer a two or 4 year degree.what area of equestrian studies are you looking for...teaching,training, breediing, barn managment??

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Also don't bet on getting a good career path in the equine industry. I would think of a back up career. Making horses a career will take away the fun of it.

C

campinmutt

Also don't bet on getting a good career path in the equine industry. I would think of a back up career. Making horses a career will take away the fun of it.

AH come on ,thats not true. I graduated in 1987 with a degree in EQ studies...I have made my living in the industry since...I love going to work everyday....I love my job....I live a good life with a great job...I would reccommend training for someone else to establish your name first...if the training aspect is what you are after...

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
AH come on ,thats not true. I graduated in 1987 with a degree in EQ studies...I have made my living in the industry since...I love going to work everyday....I love my job....I live a good life with a great job...I would reccommend training for someone else to establish your name first...if the training aspect is what you are after...

Im looking to do like traning and with an equesterian team... i want to spend my LIFE with horses...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Im looking to do like traning and with an equesterian team... i want to spend my LIFE with horses...

I am just saying that if something happens and you are unable to support yourself with horses. You should have a some sort of a back-up plan. My dreams were to be a horse trainer. I had hurt my leg when I was in my 20's and developed a blood clot. I was side-lined for months from riding.

C

campinmutt

you have salem.(WV)...Findlay(OH), cassanovia (NY) English or western. IS Meradith Manor still running?they are in WV as well

Duckz

is there any western College

None of the colleges in IHSA Zone 4 (MD, VA, NC) have a decent western program. If you're looking to compete western, go to Campus Equestrian: Information, including results, stories and archives from the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA), ANRC, USA Equestrian, USET, rated shows,riding academies, horse trainers and all things riding-related and check out the team results. You'll get a good idea of the more competitive schools. You'll have to do more research on the schools themselves to find out which are competitive in western AND have an equine studies program.

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
None of the colleges in IHSA Zone 4 (MD, VA, NC) have a decent western program. If you're looking to compete western, go to Campus Equestrian: Information, including results, stories and archives from the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA), ANRC, USA Equestrian, USET, rated shows,riding academies, horse trainers and all things riding-related and check out the team results. You'll get a good idea of the more competitive schools. You'll have to do more research on the schools themselves to find out which are competitive in western AND have an equine studies program.

Ok ill check them out... cool thank you...

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
go to collegeboard.com, you can look up colleges by degrees they offer. There is PG community (which is what i will probably be doing) who has non-credited online courses, i believe they also have a riding team, but English. There’s another community college, i want to say Harford, that has the equestrian program. Averit university seems to have a good program too, but they are expensive...

Also there is a book at Borders that has all the colleges that offer any equestrian studies... i need to get it...

horsesrock93

Chevy Is Da BOMB!!!!
I am not say DON'T follow your dreams ok..just plan for the future. Have a back up plan put into place so that you can still succeed even if your body gives out.

I'm not talking about you...... My dad has a hard time excepting the fact that I'm growing up and doesn't think i can do half the stuff i do....... Your statements are very reasonable and I'm taking that in to consideration... MGH knew who i was talking about...