Equine Dentist coming to the area 5/28

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Tom Crouse and Kate Baldwin of MD Equine Dental will be coming our way May 28th.

Please contact Tom/Kate directly mdequinedental@pa.net if you'd like to schedule a float at your place. Tom charges $50.00 per horse for a manual float, and also includes popping baby caps and wolf teeth if needed.

They're the ones who do HSS horses every year, and they're great to work with!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Email kate directly to get the answer to how long they've been doing it.
We've been using Tom to do routine floats for 5 years. I have him start messing with mine from the time they're weaned, so they don't ever get bad while they're on my watch.

If it's been a while (or never) since your horse has been done, or it's really bad or has issues, I'd recommend Linda Miller for a power float first, and use her again every couple of years, to be thourough, and use Tom to do them in between. he doesn't use sedation and does routine maintenance type stuff. Kate is going to vet school, so they will eventually. I've had plenty of caps popped off and wolf teeth pulled by them without sedation of any kind. No problems yet with them.

If they have good bites, don't drop grain and are on pasture which keeps them pretty good during the year, using him annually s/b all they need. If they drop grain or are grained and hayed all year long, and haven't been done in a while, i'd go with Linda's power float.

Last edited:

Wait4It..boom

If they drop grain or are grained and hayed all year long, and haven't been done in a while, i'd go with Linda's power float.

Thanks for the additional info. After what you wrote, they wouldn't be a good choice for me this go 'round. I will likely need a dentist with sedation b/c my new horse came from a barn that was all grain/hay with no pasture.