Equine Dentist coming...

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Tuesday Oct.23. His name is Tim Crowse (sp) from PA. He floats by hand with no sedation. His fee is 45.00 per horse. He will be here at 10AM to do my 9. MGH will be bringing 2 also.

If anyone is interested he wants MORE for his So.Md. day trip. He can come to your barn when he leaves here...or you can trailer in.

I understand that most of you work on Tuesday so PM me if you would like to stall here for the night and pick-up Tuesday evening. I think that would work.

For some of you that know of him, he is the equine dentist that the PG Equestrian Horse Science School uses every year.

IntegritysDream

what is the standard cost of getting teeth floated? i use dr runde and ive only had my horse a year, and im thinking he needs them done since the owner told me when i bought him he needed them done in 05-06 but i dont know how much all that costs? any idea of price ranges?

DQ2B

I'm curious about how he gets the job done without sedation? Do you know? My two usually need enough drugs to almost kill them and then they still fight the float.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Haha! That guy is a hoot.
I'm curious about how he gets the job done without sedation? Do you know?
Most of the horses just straight up don't care. They just stand there like it's no big deal.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Until I came east I had never seen a horse have its teeth floated with sedation. Most horses would just stand, and if they didn't we backed them into a corner and the tooth guru would just float away! And they would float without putting a vice in their mouth to keep it open...they just grabbed the tongue and pulled it out the other side.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
When I get it done it is about $125 with drimmel and sedation ....Pasos are uptight anyway you would never get near a few of them without sedation and they take it alot better and are alot less stressed..

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Dr miller is our vet and she does the fill power floats for all of the horses here. It runs from 120-200 per horse, depending on the changes in the mouth from year to year.

This is my attemp to save some dough. I do one year with Miller and the other year with the cheaper hand job.

I have some mouths here that use Miller every year.

Actually Doc said the hand floats worked last year when she did alll of them. The teeth just looked like a years change to her.

DQ2B

Until I came east I had never seen a horse have its teeth floated with sedation. Most horses would just stand, and if they didn't we backed them into a corner and the tooth guru would just float away! And they would float without putting a vice in their mouth to keep it open...they just grabbed the tongue and pulled it out the other side.

Baah! I'd like to see them try and do mine. My bet is that they'd end up with a broken jaw the first time one of mine threw his head. I'd love to find someone who could get the job done though (sedated or not) who didn't give me the impression that they finally gave up and figured the job was "good enough."

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I'll Bring Dani by to spend the night with Auntie Percy and family :biggrin:
She needs it. LeRoy might need it too. I'll ask RC.
:huggy: THANKS!

devinej

i've had it done both ways and my horse is usually a freaked out TB but he did fine without sedation with manual tools. i don't think he'd go for no sedation with the power tools!! haha but if this guy has been to horse dentistry school, he's probably OK. but not all horses are the same, and they usually carry sedatives with them incase the horses need them.
But a question - in virginia horse dentists have to be liscenced veterinarians. or have a vet with them when they practice. i know that's not the case in pennsylvania. what about maryland??
and this guy - what are his credentials?

Robin

sounds like a good old fashion style equine dentist. I can remember when the vets and the farriers used to do the horses teeth with a float with them backed up in the corner of the stall. . I have experienced the power float, that thing gives me a headache just listening to it run, like a slow motion dremel tool. They are convienient, esp when the horse is sedated. I figure as long as they get the points down and do a good job, the horse can eat better.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Tuesday Oct.23. His name is Tim Crowse (sp) from PA. He floats by hand with no sedation. His fee is 45.00 per horse. He will be here at 10AM to do my 9. MGH will be bringing 2 also.

If anyone is interested he wants MORE for his So.Md. day trip. He can come to your barn when he leaves here...or you can trailer in.

I understand that most of you work on Tuesday so PM me if you would like to stall here for the night and pick-up Tuesday evening. I think that would work.

For some of you that know of him, he is the equine dentist that the PG Equestrian Horse Science School uses every year.

May I make a reservation for 18 stalls TYVM...... Just kidding, can I get his info from you to call him. I have a few who need it.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
May I make a reservation for 18 stalls TYVM...... Just kidding, can I get his info from you to call him. I have a few who need it.
Call him on 717-385-2581 or 717-352-8584

I had a He11 of a hard time finding a vet/dentist to do a cheap ol hand float. Then I thought of Tim from HSS. Tim is not a dentist and he can not sedate. He did 30 at the HSS week with no sedation. It can be done. It is very rare to find one that he can not do a good job on without sedation.

edgeofarson69

RE: Dentist

He is same man that they use for Horse Science School, and he is awesome! I cant find the card I came home with last year tho, so your post came at the right time. Would you mind sharing his number,, I have three horses and my neighbor has three,, we could make it a stop on his southern MD tour. =o)

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
He is same man that they use for Horse Science School, and he is awesome! I cant find the card I came home with last year tho, so your post came at the right time. Would you mind sharing his number,, I have three horses and my neighbor has three,, we could make it a stop on his southern MD tour. =o)
I posted his ph # in the post above. Just call him and schedule.:yay:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Yes, handfloating can be done without sedation.

Now we get my guys powerfloated and they sedate them for that. But boy are those teeth nice and rounded, even alllll the way in the back.