Equine Massage Therapy

R

remaxrealtor

ArabianHorse79 said:
Do you think there would be a market in Southern Maryland for Equine Massage Therapy?
I have heard several people at my farm talk about it. I would be interested for my standardbred.

K

KerryAnn1

I had a massage done on my horse in Texas and they were very professional and I was happy with the results...I have had my horse done recently by a local girl and I was very disappointed with professionalism. Do you know of anyone else? I am very interested.

ArabianHorse79

KerryAnn1 said:
I had a massage done on my horse in Texas and they were very professional and I was happy with the results...I have had my horse done recently by a local girl and I was very disappointed with professionalism. Do you know of anyone else? I am very interested.

I actually don't know anyone locally...hopefully me soon! lol
I'm considering becoming certified, but I want to make sure there is a good market for it, before I spend the money.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I'm certified by Equissage out of Roundhill, Va. I don't advertise, but many of my friends have asked me out to give thier horses massages. There are a few in the area and the going rate is $50-$70 and a massage should take approx. one hour.

As for human massage I can reccomend Valerie at At The Bay Healing Arts in North Beach.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Pasofever said:
:yikes:

Happy you should be rubbing on him as hard as he ran to catch the boys that stole our ATV last night...Thanks RC :huggy:

Then you owe RC one for saving your atv..... :lmao: :huggy:

J and M

ArabianHorse79 said:
Anybody else......

There are a couple horses at our barn that are in need of a regular massage. I was happy with the results the last time my horse was done. Unfortunatley, the massage therapist was from out of town and I haven't found anyone local.

ArabianHorse79

J and M said:
There are a couple horses at our barn that are in need of a regular massage. I was happy with the results the last time my horse was done. Unfortunatley, the massage therapist was from out of town and I haven't found anyone local.

I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to go through the cerification program. I'll post something once I have my certification. I'm located in Mechanicsville, so I'm local! :howdy:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
ArabianHorse79 said:
I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to go through the cerification program. I'll post something once I have my certification. I'm located in Mechanicsville, so I'm local! :howdy:

Where are you going to go? I have to reccommend Equissage, that's where I went and got certified. There are a bunch of hinky "schools" out there that'll certify anyone. :bigwhoop:

Good Luck and have fun!!

MorganLover

I was also just looking into Equissage, I am located in Easton Maryland so i wont have any problems with walking in on your territory lol. Not sure how soon i am going to do this though. I'd love to go to the one in Florida (it has twice as much school time then Equissage, 10 days for 900.00 each week, so about 1800 for the class.) But i have to pay to get there and then stay in a hotel while there, so that just wont work. But i am not that far from VA so that is totally doable for me. I was just concerned like you about a need for it. There is someone here that used to be a farrier but dropped that work b/c she got so busy in the massage world. I was thinking about getting certified and doing it part time, just to be around horses and the extra money. But that class is expensive if it doesn't work out. I would like to go along with someone that does it so i can make sure i will enjoy it and it is something for me. I just joined a group off yahoo that is a sports massage therapist group. if you'd like the link let me know and i'll get it for you. :howdy: