Equine massage?

IntegritysDream

Hello all, its been forever since ive been on here, But i am thinking about becoming Equine Massage Certified (going to the school, getting insured, starting my own small side business) But before I do that, I want to see how the interest level is in it. I would probably charge about 50-75$ per horse to start, and serve the Maryland/Virginia area. Any thoughts on it/interest levels?? Any thoughts from those already certified? Like i said, it would be a side thing, something i enjoy doing to make a little extra money... I work 4 days on at my full time job, 4 off so Id have plenty of availability. :buddies:

MichelleLea

Yes absolutely

Go for it. There is definitely a need for it. We've even gotten requests for it even tho we can't do it... :0(
:howdy::howdy:

IntegritysDream

I'm certified, I went through Equissage: Equine Massage and Canine Massage Certification in Virginia.

The typical rate for massage is $1/minute and a massage is generally 1 hour. And, it's normal to charge a travel/farm call fee.

Thanks! That's where i would be going! Do you get good business? Also where did you go for liability insurance? or do you just have a release of liability you have people sign? and how do you do the tax part?

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I just replied on facebook :)

I've been certified for 10 years I don't really have the time so I don't advertise, most of my clients were at the racetrack I had a few dressage clients too but back then most people weren't paying for massage/chiro/acupuncture for their horses. I use a liability release. It really the same as grooming, it's not a medical procedure.

For taxes I use a Schedule C-EZ (Form 1040) as I am a sole proprietor.