Escaped tiger kills visitor at SF Zoo

T

Toreadoralpha

Wild...

One visitor to the San Francisco Zoo was killed and two others were critically injured late in the afternoon on Christmas Day after a tiger escaped from its cage and mauled the visitors at a zoo restaurant, officials reported.

Police shot and killed the tiger as it was mauling one of its victims, who survived.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Wow, what a bizaar way to die. Sitting there debating what to have for lunch one moment, actually being lunch the next. Huge lawsuit pending.....

T

Toreadoralpha

How much would you like to bet that the tiger exhibit will be very popular for a while? Wonder if Sigfreid and Roy will comment...

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Of course it was. Tigers around the world are texting each other with plans for a HUGE riot. Stay tuned.... :killingme

I am surprised JPC Sr hasn't logged on to this thread to blame it all on Bush. 'Spose he's hung over from celebrating last night? :killingme

Of course it was. Tigers around the world are texting each other with plans for a HUGE riot. Stay tuned.... :killingme

I can see the tigers planning the escape. "OK, you three form a pyramid when the exhibits close and I'll jump on top and leap over the wall."

Mikeinsmd

I can see the tigers planning the escape. "OK, you three form a pyramid when the exhibits close and I'll jump on top and leap over the wall."
I vote we dress up Forest & JPC in pork chop suits and send em out looking for tigers. Whatya think? :popcorn:

edinsomd

"Police shot and killed the tiger as it was mauling one of its victims, who survived."
I wonder what they shot it with, as S.F. has banned all firearms.:sarcasm:
Ed

SpriteZero

Well here is the reason:

". "The tiger went into a cafe at the zoo and attacked a patron. That person ended up dying at the scene.""

Tiger was looking for dinner and went intot he cafe...saw three people and selected on and ate in, rather than dealing with take out....

Poor tiger wonder if she was part of the captive breeding program?

Maybe the zoo needs to feed their tigers more often?

Actually, it is sad that it escaped and killed someome.

T

Toreadoralpha

I don't find it sad that a tiger acted like, umm lemme see, a TIGER! It isn't a friend of Winnie the Pooh, or you.

On the bright side, the families of those injured or killed will have a story that most can't rival. "oh yhea, well my brother was eaten by a tiger, beat that!"

I don't find it sad that a tiger acted like, umm lemme see, a TIGER! It isn't a friend of Winnie the Pooh, or you.

On the bright side, the families of those injured or killed will have a story that most can't rival. "oh yhea, well my brother was eaten by a tiger, beat that!"

Anyone who was in that cafe will have quite a story!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Last update.. they think the three men were actually taunting the tiger.. when it escaped it hunted them down.. found them in the cafe.. and WHAM...

They think the Tiger escaped because it was being taunted, and then ran them to ground..