Escavating/Fence

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Does anyone have any names/numbers for escavating and installing that flex-fence. I would like to do it myself but fear the damage I might cause. I can get in real trouble with my front loader!! :jameo:

PrepH4U

SouthernMdRocks said:
Does anyone have any names/numbers for escavating and installing that flex-fence. I would like to do it myself but fear the damage I might cause. I can get in real trouble with my front loader!! :jameo:
Seriously would you tell me what the flex fence is? I only have the wide electric tape fence. TIA

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
PrepH4U said:
Seriously would you tell me what the flex fence is? I only have the wide electric tape fence. TIA

C'mon the fencing isn't the problem here. I would like an explanation of escavating.

Nanny Pam

cattitude said:
C'mon the fencing isn't the problem here. I would like an explanation of escavating.
Silly you!
That’s when you’re on an escalator, with a cavity, while you’re dating.

PrepH4U

cattitude said:
I really want to know about the flex fencing though :shrug: I seem to remember when I set up our pasture that there was a product out with a flexiabilty to it, but decided against it. My feeling at the time was, if my horses broke through it, that there could be shards of plastic/wood that could really injure them. So I decided to go w/the electric tape instead.

SouthernMdRocks

PrepH4U said:
I really want to know about the flex fencing though :shrug: I seem to remember when I set up our pasture that there was a product out with a flexiabilty to it, but decided against it. My feeling at the time was, if my horses broke through it, that there could be shards of plastic/wood that could really injure them. So I decided to go w/the electric tape instead.

Ram Fencing product, I ordered 4.25" strand. It is a plastic with 2-3 wires running through it. I don't think too many horses could break through it, the posts would go first. But you never know.

PrepH4U

SouthernMdRocks said:
Ram Fencing product, I ordered 4.25" strand. It is a plastic with 2-3 wires running through it. I don't think too many horses could break through it, the posts would go first. But you never know.
oh thank you, will look it up.

DQ2B

PrepH4U said:
oh thank you, will look it up.

Centaur makes it as well which is what I bought. They also have electrified flexible fencing now. Centaur has a 30 year warranty.

SouthernMdRocks

DQ2B said:
Centaur makes it as well which is what I bought. They also have electrified flexible fencing now. Centaur has a 30 year warranty.

I like Centaur as well, I think the two are pretty much the same. The reason I went with the Ramm is I was at a show and they had some sales prices. I'm using a combination of flex and electric braid.

W

WildHorses

SouthernMdRocks said:
I like Centaur as well, I think the two are pretty much the same. The reason I went with the Ramm is I was at a show and they had some sales prices. I'm using a combination of flex and electric braid.

We had Henry Stauffer install some Centaur for us and he does a very nice job. He's the brother of Joe Stauffer at Stauffer's Feed Mill (Hen Yard) in Loveville (or Leonardtown, depending if you're in front of or behind the building :killingme ). They are Mennonites, of course, and have no phone but Henry lives two houses down from the Feed Mill or you can leave a note with Joe for him to call you. :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

WildHorses said:
We had Henry Stauffer install some Centaur for us and he does a very nice job. He's the brother of Joe Stauffer at Stauffer's Feed Mill (Hen Yard) in Loveville (or Leonardtown, depending if you're in front of or behind the building :killingme ). They are Mennonites, of course, and have no phone but Henry lives two houses down from the Feed Mill or you can leave a note with Joe for him to call you. :howdy:

Thanks, I'll try to head over there sometime this weekend. I need to get some chickens and try to see if they have any Peahens available.