• Hester's 6 return TD's

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • LT's 29

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I voted for Hester.

Now don't get me wrong, what LT has done this year is just plain awesome, and a great accomplishment, MVP of the year, I know... though Drew Bree's is battling right there next to him.

But what impresses me more about Hester is the amount of touches a game difference there is.

LT - 25-30 or more on average.
Hester, is a corner/return man, so maybe 5-6 on average.

Plus, Hester is a rook.(I think)

What do ya'll think?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What Hester...

...has done is simply amazing. There's really no argument to be made against it, no 'yeah buts' or 'it's just's'. Six returns is awesome.

I voted for LT though because he does touch the ball so much more; ie, more chances to get hurt, more chances for the D to focus in on him and he STILL gets it done.

Hester would have to do it week in and out, a return a week, to be as amazing as what LT is doing. IMHO.

There is an argument to be made for both. KO returns are devestating to most opponents.

PS: They noted the man whom had the record Hester broke; Ken Houston.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
PS: They noted the man whom had the record Hester broke; Ken Houston.

:lol:Most everyone here is saying "so? who the hell is Ken Houston?"

Saw Ted Vactor Sunday, he and Darryl Grant were at the Tailgate party prior to the game. Saw one other guy while I was standing there that actually knew about when he played and what position. In their defense, Vactor wasn't an all-pro and if you weren't around back then, you wouldn't have a clue as to who he was. Ken Houston is in the hall of fame, tho.

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
LT gets my vote. Hester is a great returner and by no means am I putting him down but did you see Holt put that move on Hester last night during the Rams first touchdown? Hester needs to work on his cornerback skills. I have to agree with Larry. LT has a "bigger" responsibility that he continues to accomplish every week.

Anytime a record is broken it is impressive. Edge - LT.

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
Softballkid said:
Now don't get me wrong, what LT has done this year is just plain awesome, and a great accomplishment, MVP of the year, I know... though Drew Bree's is battling right there next to him.

A agree LT and Brees are both in the running for NFL MVP. Yes, Hester is a rookie and is in the running with Marques Colston of the Saints for Rookie of the Year. JMO.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
####diesel said:
A agree LT and Brees are both in the running for NFL MVP. Yes, Hester is a rookie and is in the running with Marques Colston of the Saints for Rookie of the Year. JMO.

Why not Vince Young.. look what he has done for the Titans the last couple weeks :tap:

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
Softballkid said:
Why not Vince Young.. look what he has done for the Titans the last couple weeks :tap:

If Young had done what he has done in the last few weeks all year he might have had a shot. Right now he has more picks than TD's and one of the lowest ratings of a starting QB in the league. Good rookie QB but not good enough for ROY with Colston and Hester in the running...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
####diesel said:
If Young had done what he has done in the last few weeks all year he might have had a shot. Right now he has more picks than TD's and one of the lowest ratings of a starting QB in the league. Good rookie QB but not good enough for ROY with Colston and Hester in the running...

Good point, but I wouldn't count him out in today's NFL...When Brian Urlacher is in the running every year for MVP, nothing surprises me anymore.

Though Urlacher is an excellent LB, I still don't see how one guy on a defense can be an MVP

Cockdiesel

Mr. Contemptuous
Softballkid said:
Good point, but I wouldn't count him out in today's NFL...When Brian Urlacher is in the running every year for MVP, nothing surprises me anymore.

Though Urlacher is an excellent LB, I still don't see how one guy on a defense can be an MVP

:yay: Agreed. Nothing suprises me anymore either.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Softballkid said:
I still don't see how one guy on a defense can be an MVP
Jason Taylor?

I voted for Hester. KR and PR are potential game breakers (like Larry said) but to have 6 in one year with 3 games to go is pretty impressive. This in no way should take away from the accomplishments of Tomlinson.

Last edited:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
ESPN.com

right now has a poll on NFL's rookie of the year :whistle:

I think its worth taking a look and voting... you will definitely be surprised :yay:

And I forgot all about Jones-Drew who just exploded on the Colts Sunday :yay:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Softballkid said:
right now has a poll on NFL's rookie of the year :whistle:

I think its worth taking a look and voting... you will definitely be surprised :yay:

And I forgot all about Jones-Drew who just exploded on the Colts Sunday :yay:

I forgot about him too. He had a great game Sunday.

BTW - I missed it last night, who got "Jacked" in MNF?

Buckets

@SOMD_Nationals
Did anyone see the fullback from the bears stream roll the safety from the rams and knock his helmet off. It def. was 'jacked up' material.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Buckets said:
Did anyone see the fullback from the bears stream roll the safety from the rams and knock his helmet off. It def. was 'jacked up' material.

I know that hit that Ade Jimoh put on Reno Mahe the other day on that muffed punt return was definitely Jacked material. That was a h*ll of a play.

mainman

Set Trippin
nachomama said:
I know that hit that Ade Jimoh put on Reno Mahe the other day on that muffed punt return was definitely Jacked material. That was a h*ll of a play.
Didn't even make jacked up....