Essential Oils

Christy

b*tch rocket
So what oils do you use and for what?

I got a wild hair up my butt and ordered a sample pack of essential oils and 2 diffusers. Anxiously awaiting for them to be delivered. So I guess I am going more for the aromatherapy (a fancy term for making my house smell a little less like dog :jet: ) :lol:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Try rosemary in the diffuser. it smells soooo good. and nothing at all like the herb rosemary, interestingly. I use oils for my face, for relieving headaches and for cough medicine for my monster. I have also made antifungal foot sprays and soaks, face masks, bath salts and hand lotions. I make my own febreeze and carpet powder with them and add them to my fake scentsy wax warmers to revive them. I even made my daughter a magnesium and lavender, vetiver and valerian calming lotion for bedtime wind down which I think works great and started using myself. I add lemon and citrus essential oils to fruit infused water and in ice tea blends I make. I am not sure im totally into the hype about them being miracle cures, but I do know that many, many modern medicines and chemicals are based on herbs and plants so I have no doubt they have some sort of use. And if nothing else, they smell lovely.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
So what oils do you use and for what?

I got a wild hair up my butt and ordered a sample pack of essential oils and 2 diffusers. Anxiously awaiting for them to be delivered. So I guess I am going more for the aromatherapy (a fancy term for making my house smell a little less like dog :jet: ) :lol:

I got started by ordering stuff for pain. Now I'm addicted. Bath salts, moisturizers, beard oil for the giant, cleaning products and so on and so forth. I started with essential oils this past early fall. For the last few years I get sick like crazy and pretty much stay sick. My poor immune system is wrecked. I got sick once this entire winter and then it was because somebody directly sneezed and coughed on me in a meeting. The giant didn't get sick all. Immunity oil mixes applied daily for both of us all winter. As I told my neurologist, maybe it's psychosomatic, but it seems to work for me and she's encourage the use of a professional licensed aromatherapist. But she'll encourage alternative care easily for many things (no chiropractors though):shrug:

Hannibal

My wife is into this BIG TIME. We have all kinds of bottles sitting around the house. Several diffusers too. She makes all kinds of things with it. Some of it is gimmicky to me but it makes her happy and has become her hobby. She uses them a good bit on the kids as part of some preventative thing. She dabs stuff on my feet before bed or will offer to rub my shoulders with some funny sounding oil. I can't complain ...... I get a shoulder rub and the house smells good. Her and her GF's are all into it. Apparently it's become a big thing here recently.

Christy

b*tch rocket
So what is the purpose of "Tea Tree" oil? It came in my sample pack and it smells terrible. :lol: My taste seems to lean more towards the citrus and herb oils. My daughter loves the Peppermint.

terbear1225

So what is the purpose of "Tea Tree" oil? It came in my sample pack and it smells terrible. :lol: My taste seems to lean more towards the citrus and herb oils. My daughter loves the Peppermint.

I think tea tree oil is more used for its astringent value than for scent.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Tea Tree is used for a wide variety of medicinal type uses - acne, athlete's foot, chicken pox, cold sores, cuts, dandruff, warts, etc.

It kills bacteria and fungus.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Tea Tree is used for a wide variety of medicinal type uses - acne, athlete's foot, chicken pox, cold sores, cuts, dandruff, warts, etc.

It kills bacteria and fungus.

^ This. My tea tree oil shouldn't be applied directly to skin. Instead, I use a carrier oil or lotion. However, you can dab a small amount of the oil on a blemish or "infected" area of the skin. I use it about once-a-week mixed with some other stuff on my face.

Christy

b*tch rocket
When I first got my sample pack of stuff from Amazon, I put a couple drops of the Tea Tree oil in the shower. It stunk really bad. :ohwell: :lol: I will put it in my medicine cabinet to be used as medicine. :yay:

MarieB

It's good for dry skin

And I use it for cleaning. Mix with water in a spray bottle, and it can be used on everything including mirrors and windows. It's also a natural pest control

mamissa3

I am a young living distributor. I use oils on me and the kids all the time:). Lavender, lemon are our 2 go to ones though!! If you have any questions message me and I can try to help!:)