Estimate the value of a Horse Trailer?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We're going to sell our draft/warmblood sized horse trailer with full L/Q, however i don't know how to go about pricing it fairly. It's not a typical L/Q trailer, I can't even reach the tie downs in it without using a milk crate to stand on.
Any suggestions?
TIA

mingiz

Horse Poor
Go to horse trailer world and see if there are any comparable ones to yours. That's what I did when I sold my first LQ.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
We're going to sell our draft/warmblood sized horse trailer with full L/Q, however i don't know how to go about pricing it fairly. It's not a typical L/Q trailer, I can't even reach the tie downs in it without using a milk crate to stand on.
Any suggestions?
TIA

How much room is there in the horse section... I have a new BIG boy that can barely fit in ours. Might be interested

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
It's way 2 big for just one biggun. When the dividers are set it has a large box stall with side ramp which will hold 3 QH sized horses easily (I've had 4 in there), along with 2 straight load in the back. You can remove all dividers/gaits and it will haul 8+ slant loaded. I've never opened it all the way up, I keep it divided because i like putting grain and hay, extra tack, etc. in the box stall when we travel. It does have a top rack and built in steps to get on top of it. Truely, it's HUGE. We haul it with a Ford F350 dually.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I remember what you paid for that...you got a good deal try for what you paid...also go to dreamhorse.com and go to their trailer section. I think the linkie along with the tack linkie is at the bottom of the dreamhorse page..

bcp

In My Opinion
What do you want for it.
I could use it to haul my mother in law when I have to take her along with us on trips.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Ad number is 38123 Advertisement - Pets & Animals in the Pets & Animals section.
It's draft sized. I can't reach the trailer tie downs, it's so tall.
This is not a great pic and I can get more, but at least this gives an idea of how big it is. Those 5 horses were hauled in it that weekend. 2 straight load, 3 in the box stall (side loaded). Great trailer to haul 2 horses straight load in the back and a golf cart, motorcycle or ATV for a kid (person) who doesn't ride but still wants to have fun. A kayak would also fit inside the box stall or on the hay rack. We used to put a camping cot in it and my daughter uses it as her "room" separate and private from us.

Attachments

• smallercamping-1.jpg
    smallercamping-1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
how long/wide/tall. Is it all aluminum or aluminum/steel frame. Is it a full LQ...
Brand. You could also maybe haul it down to Blue Ridge trailers or Grand champion and they can give you a trade in price on it. That's what I did with my last one. Or maybe even get the trailer dealer in Mechanicsville to look at it. When I bought the newer one they appraised it according to RV camper prices because there isn't a blue book on horse trailers....So they based mine on a GN camper 28ft long and the options that are in it...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Thanks for the info Ming. It's alumin with a steel frame. full L/Q, queen bed, full bathroom, fridge/freezer, sink, table and microwave. We haul it with our F350 king cab dually, fully loaded with 5 horses and all their gear/hay, no problem.
I don't want payments on a replacement trlr. I've already had a few bites on it from Vendor types, so hopefully it will sell soon and I can replace it with a smaller version.

I'd also consider trading for one with a weekender pkg in it. Nothing fancy, just functional but of equal value and condition. This one is in super condition - it's a very nice trailer. Would be great for someone who wants to haul horses and a golf cart or motorcycle in the box stall part, or for hauling ATVs for a weekend at Buds Creek. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Some other things you might consider putting in the ad: the length of the living quarters (short wall). Also get pics of LQ and inside of horse part of the trailer, year, brand and condition. We just bought a 2000 Sooner 4H with a 13' Shortwall and 7' slideout, rear tack, generator included. GREAT condition and paid $30K. Your 15K might be low based on the number of horses it holds, but hard to know without knowing the above info.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Some other things you might consider putting in the ad: the length of the living quarters (short wall). Also get pics of LQ and inside of horse part of the trailer, year, brand and condition. We just bought a 2000 Sooner 4H with a 13' Shortwall and 7' slideout, rear tack, generator included. GREAT condition and paid $30K. Your 15K might be low based on the number of horses it holds, but hard to know without knowing the above info.

Good points. Look up in the KBB your trailer year and compare it to a 5th wheel camper, like I said mine was based on a 03 camper for estimate of financing..Most of the time the avg. LQ will be a 10k install depending on the options you throw in there. See if you can find pricing on just the length and width in a stock version/ or shell..So you never said the brand of it.
My trailer is a 03 3h w/8ft LQ and it's worth from 16-22k depending where you are...A friend of mine bought a 99 in great shape and paid 30k it's a 34ft 15 ft lq 3h....So it all depends....

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Thanks for all the great advice! I'll get detailed pictures this weekend along with all the dimensions based on the questions you guys asked - since that seems to be what peeps want to know. We went to look at it when we bought it. There weren't any dimensions or anything advertised we just saw it, immediately liked it and bought it that next day. Nothing like an impulse purchase you didn't know you needed until you saw it. :lol:

RC says no less than 20K for it, but I'd just like to sell it quick, and get another one before Spring rolls around. If i don't sell it, no biggie, we'll just continue to use it. Its a terrific trailer.

Tazgirl

Happy Appy I have a Bison 3 horse weekender that I am thinking about selling has a toilet and a cowboy shower if you want to look at it.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Happy Appy I have a Bison 3 horse weekender that I am thinking about selling has a toilet and a cowboy shower if you want to look at it.

I'll check with you after we sell the big guy.I'm not sure exactly when we are going to replace it. :biggrin:
You won't be camping any more? :frown:

Tazgirl

I'll check with you after we sell the big guy.I'm not sure exactly when we are going to replace it. :biggrin:
You won't be camping any more? :frown:

No not giving up camping just got a camper from my brother and we like it better then the goose neck horse trailer. So I will haul the horses in my little bumper pull and Slowpoke will bring the camper... LOL I know twice as much gas...but we mostly go to Cedarville and twice a year to Graves or Fort Valley......