Eulogy for a friend

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Steve was my best friend for 20 years and more. We’ve had a few adventures over the years, mostly using explosives. We’d have kickball tournaments in the street (this is how I met aps), Roman candle duels, snap pop battles…One of our first “incidents” was with a medium sized mortar, we’d lost the launch tube so we’d grabbed a section of exhaust pipe and made our own. Well this was a little to large so when it flew it. Only made it about six feet into the air before exploding. You’d never seen so many stupid grown men diving behind anything that would protect them. Another time we decided to have a Roman candle duel. We grabbed the wrong ones though so instead of shooting flaming balls, we were shootings handheld mortars at each other. Well we’d already had that experience so instead we took them down to rt 235 and stood on the side of the road looking like homely versions of the Statue of Liberty and fired them over southbound traffic.

I know normally you do these things at the services, but I always choke up ten seconds in so I thought I’d say it here. As they say it’s the thought that counts.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Steve was my best friend for 20 years and more. We’ve had a few adventures over the years, mostly using explosives. We’d have kickball tournaments in the street (this is how I met aps), Roman candle duels, snap pop battles…One of our first “incidents” was with a medium sized mortar, we’d lost the launch tube so we’d grabbed a section of exhaust pipe and made our own. Well this was a little to large so when it flew it. Only made it about six feet into the air before exploding. You’d never seen so many stupid grown men diving behind anything that would protect them. Another time we decided to have a Roman candle duel. We grabbed the wrong ones though so instead of shooting flaming balls, we were shootings handheld mortars at each other. Well we’d already had that experience so instead we took them down to rt 235 and stood on the side of the road looking like homely versions of the Statue of Liberty and fired them over southbound traffic.

I know normally you do these things at the services, but I always choke up ten seconds in so I thought I’d say it here. As they say it’s the thought that counts.
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard losing people we're close to.

p.s. Don't be afraid to tear up - it shows that you're human to show your love for your friend. :huggy:

ontheriver

:huggy: Sorry for your loss.