European Hornets

NextJen

Raisin cane
Had two of those big suckers bouncing against the slider to my deck this morning while it was still dark out. I had to make the poor dogs stand outside until I was sure I could let them in without those monsters flying in.

:jameo:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Good info

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 304

glhs837

Power with Control
Except the European Hornet isnt on there. I just saw my first couple againsst my slider two nights back. Go to 3:00 for some good idea as to what these are. WE generally ignore them, had a few that got in over the years, and I'll get them with a stick vacuum.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Yup. Very easy to mix a few of them up. My neighbor and I have a problem with cicada killers right now, ground nests everywhere. They're not bothersome to me, but the neighbor has a couple of small kids that are deathly afraid.
maybe that's what's been buzzing super low to the ground in my yard lately. They're kind of dark, very little yellow. I don't typically stick around on that side to get too close of a look :lol:

General Lee

Round here in these parts we call them Horse Hornets. They are attracted to light at night. So porch lights, interior lights they can see through glass, etc. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get stung by one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think these are the phuckers that have drilled through my upstairs ceiling sometime since Saturday night. I killed 7 in my living room last night, one in my bedroom and two this morning in the living room again. I also got stung on my knee last night and it still hurts like a mofo. :burning:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think these are the phuckers that have drilled through my upstairs ceiling sometime since Saturday night. I killed 7 in my living room last night, one in my bedroom and two this morning in the living room again. I also got stung on my knee last night and it still hurts like a mofo. :burning:
I use a vacuum to suck bees up. Much easier than trying to swat them.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I use a vacuum to suck bees up. Much easier than trying to swat them.
I was baffled last night where they were coming from and didn't think about the vacuum. I talked to my neighbor earlier and he said he'd come take a look. Hopefully he can spray some killer in the hole and cover it up. Being a shorty, I fear I'd fall over the stairs railing. The welt is bad enough.