Eva Cassidy ~ Local Singer's Career Takes Off After Death

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
SHADYSIDE, Md. -- A local singer with a global following finds fame in the years after her death.

Ten years ago local singer Eva Cassidy passed away quite suddenly from melanoma in 1996, just as her career started to blossom.

But death had an unusual effect on the music made by Cassidy. So unusual that Hollywood now hopes to tell her story.

Cassidy's parents said she still lives in a video story at her parent's home, and in the paintings she made in her spare time, and most of all in the CDs released in the decade since she died.

Eva Cassidy's Story To Be Told In Hollywood

I caught the story on the news last week. It's hard to believe she's been gone for 10 years. :frown:

She had the voice of an angel and a life tragically cut short by cancer. I was fortunate to catch her performing once at Wolf Trap and will never forget the purity of her voice. Her rendition of "Over The Rainbow" will give you goosebumps. :clap:

jetmonkey

jazz lady said:
Eva Cassidy's Story To Be Told In Hollywood

I caught the story on the news last week. It's hard to believe she's been gone for 10 years. :frown:

She had the voice of an angel and a life tragically cut short by cancer. I was fortunate to catch her performing once at Wolf Trap and will never forget the purity of her voice. Her rendition of "Over The Rainbow" will give you goosebumps. :clap:
werd. pick up her disk w/ Chuck Brown